How much?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Totally hypothetical question here.

"If" you owned a BBQ related business (ie, BBQ Store, Rub Business, Restaurant, Professional Competition Team, etc.), how much would you pay for a proven award winning recipe or recipes to market, sell and profit as your own?

How much would you sell your own proven award winning recipes for?

Are you still competing in this hypothetical? I imagine if you are still in a competition phase you wouldn't be selling it...until you stop. I've has a few winning bbq cooks tell me that on and off the air.

I would sell this forum for the right price! :D

Greg Rempe said:
Are you still competing in this hypothetical? I imagine if you are still in a competition phase you wouldn't be selling it...until you stop. I've has a few winning bbq cooks tell me that on and off the air.

I would sell this forum for the right price! :D

Moot point. I didn't ask "would" you sell your recipes, I asked "how much" you would sell them for.

BTW you can't sell this forum without Finney and Cappy's permission since Finney started it and Cappy invented Forums.

Larry,
I would look at the point of if you were wanting to get 'out of the business' of whatever it is you are selling, in this case recipes. I say this because my family owned a small cafe for 20+ years. My mom would never had sold her recipes while she was still in business. When she shut down the place she sold her secrets. Don't know how much but if it were me, for example, I would not sell my secrets if I was still making money from them but on the other hand if I wanted to stop making whatever it was I was making, It would make sense for me to sell the recipes. confused?

SteerCrazy said:
Larry,
I would look at the point of if you were wanting to get 'out of the business' of whatever it is you are selling, in this case recipes. I say this because my family owned a small cafe for 20+ years. My mom would never had sold her recipes while she was still in business. When she shut down the place she sold her secrets. Don't know how much but if it were me, for example, I would not sell my secrets if I was still making money from them but on the other hand if I wanted to stop making whatever it was I was making, It would make sense for me to sell the recipes. confused?

Hypothetically, the business would be dissolved.

Bro you have a lot a variables and this is a big life changing thing. I would reccomend talking to a lawyer.

And yes I would sell my recipes cus if you are smart enough to make the first ones you can make other cool ones.

I give away "most" of all my recipes as I say it's more than recipes is tips and techniques and Mad Skillz that make the whole package. If you want to know my Mad Skillz that would cost someone a lot cus I could put me out of business like has been said.

Call a lawyer bro and good luck
peace
mike
<><

Mike Hedrick said:
Bro you have a lot a variables and this is a big life changing thing. I would reccomend talking to a lawyer.

And yes I would sell my recipes cus if you are smart enough to make the first ones you can make other cool ones.

I give away "most" of all my recipes as I say it's more than recipes is tips and techniques and Mad Skillz that make the whole package. If you want to know my Mad Skillz that would cost someone a lot cus I could put me out of business like has been said.

Call a lawyer bro and good luck
peace
mike
<><

Mike, again this is 100% hypothetical, no need for lawyers etc. :LOL:

I totally 100% agree with you that it's more than the rub or sauce, etc, it's the cook and techniques.

Make them keep raising the price till ya just can't say no anymore. Clearly they have not hit that yet and everything has a price.

Maybe the price of Five Years salary so you can afford to reinvint yerself. I'm guessing Sir.

Good luck
peace
mike
<><

depends then on if you want to sell to 1 person for a large price and that person will continue with your product or sell to numerous people for a smaller price
lot of variables here Larry, lot of variables

You monkey spankers never cease to amaze me. 14 replies without a resonable to the point answer. Finney was right, you all suck!

Helen_Paradise said:
OK...if it were me, 250K for a nice down payment on a house here. That's what it would take.

Are you asking me to move to California with you? :oops:

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Helen_Paradise":1u8jwlop]OK...if it were me, 250K for a nice down payment on a house here. That's what it would take.

Are you asking me to move to California with you? :oops:[/quote:1u8jwlop]

In that case...make it 500K and we can live in Santa Barbara!!

I think about what I need/want and take it from there. How much time did I put into making the recipe? What is it worth to me? If the buyer is going to make oodles off it later...I want some of that now.

Helen_Paradise said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":t7viyjs8][quote="Helen_Paradise":t7viyjs8]OK...if it were me, 250K for a nice down payment on a house here. That's what it would take.

Are you asking me to move to California with you? :oops:[/quote:t7viyjs8]

In that case...make it 500K and we can live in Santa Barbara!!

I think about what I need/want and take it from there. How much time did I put into making the recipe? What is it worth to me? If the buyer is going to make oodles off it later...I want some of that now.[/quote:t7viyjs8]

The gherkin is happy! :shock:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom