How much? - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > Corporate Administration > General (Non-BBQ) Discussion
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-28-2007, 07:22 AM   #1
Official BBQ Central Mark
 
Larry Wolfe's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bealeton, Virginia
Posts: 14,969
How much?

Totally hypothetical question here.

"If" you owned a BBQ related business (ie, BBQ Store, Rub Business, Restaurant, Professional Competition Team, etc.), how much would you pay for a proven award winning recipe or recipes to market, sell and profit as your own?

How much would you sell your own proven award winning recipes for?
__________________

__________________
Larry Wolfe
Visit the Wolfe Pit
Wolfe Rub Recipes
Larry Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 07:34 AM   #2
Web Celeb
 
Greg Rempe's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 8,177
Are you still competing in this hypothetical? I imagine if you are still in a competition phase you wouldn't be selling it...until you stop. I've has a few winning bbq cooks tell me that on and off the air.

I would sell this forum for the right price!
__________________

__________________
Host of The BBQ Central Radio Show
www.thebbqcentralshow.com
Greg Rempe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 07:43 AM   #3
Official BBQ Central Mark
 
Larry Wolfe's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bealeton, Virginia
Posts: 14,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Rempe
Are you still competing in this hypothetical? I imagine if you are still in a competition phase you wouldn't be selling it...until you stop. I've has a few winning bbq cooks tell me that on and off the air.

I would sell this forum for the right price!
Moot point. I didn't ask "would" you sell your recipes, I asked "how much" you would sell them for.

BTW you can't sell this forum without Finney and Cappy's permission since Finney started it and Cappy invented Forums.
__________________
Larry Wolfe
Visit the Wolfe Pit
Wolfe Rub Recipes
Larry Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 07:48 AM   #4
Pork Butt
 
Christopher's Avatar


 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 157
Whoops, misread this question. Disregard.
__________________
Chris
Cookin' Up The Barnyard BBQ Team
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 07:48 AM   #5
Web Celeb
 
Greg Rempe's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 8,177
Sorry...

The answer for me is yes...and as much as I could squeeze!
__________________
Host of The BBQ Central Radio Show
www.thebbqcentralshow.com
Greg Rempe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 08:01 AM   #6
Official BBQ Central Mark
 
Larry Wolfe's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bealeton, Virginia
Posts: 14,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Rempe
Sorry...

The answer for me is yes...and as much as I could squeeze!
What price range would be a minimum starting offer?
__________________
Larry Wolfe
Visit the Wolfe Pit
Wolfe Rub Recipes
Larry Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 08:16 AM   #7
Web Celeb
 
Greg Rempe's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 8,177
I would sell my chicken recipe for $100 or more
__________________
Host of The BBQ Central Radio Show
www.thebbqcentralshow.com
Greg Rempe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 09:20 AM   #8
Pope O'Que
 
SteerCrazy's Avatar


 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 2,089
Larry,
I would look at the point of if you were wanting to get 'out of the business' of whatever it is you are selling, in this case recipes. I say this because my family owned a small cafe for 20+ years. My mom would never had sold her recipes while she was still in business. When she shut down the place she sold her secrets. Don't know how much but if it were me, for example, I would not sell my secrets if I was still making money from them but on the other hand if I wanted to stop making whatever it was I was making, It would make sense for me to sell the recipes. confused?
SteerCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 09:24 AM   #9
Official BBQ Central Mark
 
Larry Wolfe's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bealeton, Virginia
Posts: 14,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteerCrazy
Larry,
I would look at the point of if you were wanting to get 'out of the business' of whatever it is you are selling, in this case recipes. I say this because my family owned a small cafe for 20+ years. My mom would never had sold her recipes while she was still in business. When she shut down the place she sold her secrets. Don't know how much but if it were me, for example, I would not sell my secrets if I was still making money from them but on the other hand if I wanted to stop making whatever it was I was making, It would make sense for me to sell the recipes. confused?
Hypothetically, the business would be dissolved.
__________________
Larry Wolfe
Visit the Wolfe Pit
Wolfe Rub Recipes
Larry Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 09:30 AM   #10
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Bro you have a lot a variables and this is a big life changing thing. I would reccomend talking to a lawyer.

And yes I would sell my recipes cus if you are smart enough to make the first ones you can make other cool ones.

I give away "most" of all my recipes as I say it's more than recipes is tips and techniques and Mad Skillz that make the whole package. If you want to know my Mad Skillz that would cost someone a lot cus I could put me out of business like has been said.

Call a lawyer bro and good luck
peace
mike
<><
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.