How much?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Helen_Paradise said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":j9m1vkoz][quote="Helen_Paradise":j9m1vkoz]OK...if it were me, 250K for a nice down payment on a house here. That's what it would take.

Are you asking me to move to California with you? :oops:[/quote:j9m1vkoz]

In that case...make it 500K and we can live in Santa Barbara!![/quote:j9m1vkoz]

believe me Darlin... you don't want that THING livin with ya... Haven't you seen the pictures??? heard the stories???

Helen_Paradise said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":3gbkki5m][quote="Helen_Paradise":3gbkki5m]OK...if it were me, 250K for a nice down payment on a house here. That's what it would take.

Are you asking me to move to California with you? :oops:[/quote:3gbkki5m]

In that case...make it 500K and we can live in Santa Barbara!!

I think about what I need/want and take it from there. How much time did I put into making the recipe? What is it worth to me? If the buyer is going to make oodles off it later...I want some of that now.[/quote:3gbkki5m]

shes's just after your rub larry :roll: women :LOL:

Larry Wolfe said:
Totally hypothetical question here.

"If" you owned a BBQ related business (ie, BBQ Store, Rub Business, Restaurant, Professional Competition Team, etc.), how much would you pay for a proven award winning recipe or recipes to market, sell and profit as your own?

How much would you sell your own proven award winning recipes for?

Hypothetically IF the person would set
a price....(because not everything is always for sale for ANY price)
...but if they would....I'd probably pay no more then I thought
I could make in profit off it for the first year.

Selling... that's a whole other question. If you loved your
business and enjoyed working it... I don't think selling any
recipes or secrets to what got you there would be a good idea.
Kinda like shooting yourself in the foot I'd have to think. Or
at very least, handing the gun to your competition to shoot
you in your foot.

Not gonna be much help to you Larry, but accountants have formulas for figureing this stuff out. It's based on sales from previous years and equipment that might go along with the business.

Larry,

If it were me, I wouldn't sell every thing out right. I would sell the rights to the formula for some one to package under their name for say $50,000 to $75,000, but also have 5% to 10% of royalties on all sales of the product.

Tim

CarolinaQue said:
Larry,

If it were me, I wouldn't sell every thing out right. I would sell the rights to the formula for some one to package under their name for say $50,000 to $75,000, but also have 5% to 10% of royalties on all sales of the product.

Tim

Now thats Advice !

I concur.

How much would you sell your own proven award winning recipes for?
A good solution is private labeling. You keep the recipe, they pay you small fee for each unit made.

CarolinaQue said:
Larry,

Tim

That's pretty much exactly what I was looking for. Thanks Tim!

Back
Top Bottom