How Long To Reheat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dollarbill

Head Chef
How long roughly should it take to re-heat a 2#lb vac sealed bag of Pulled Pork using the boil method? Thanks

Just until it's hot!!! :P :D :P :LOL:

Sorry, I couldn't resist! :LOL:

Make sure it gets over the 160* mark for at least 15 seconds or something like that to meet the health code.

If it's frozen, bring a pot of water to a boil, then drop the bag in, bring water back to a boil and leave it in there for about 30-45 minutes, OR until it's hot. ;)

About 20-30 min. in simmering water. Is sauced? don't boil the water. A nice low simmer works best. (for me) I go 15 min. per pound. Or there about. I have heard of guys cutting a small corner off the bag and reheating in a microwave. Never tried that trick. If it has sauce on it it seems to reheat faster. Why? I have no clue.

Pigs

Few dozen times I've tried it..either the bag broke or I thought it was hot but it wasnt. I would not be looking forward to that kinda BS for Christimas :evil:

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Few dozen times I've tried it..either the bag broke or I thought it was hot but it wasnt. I would not be looking forward to that kinda BS for Christimas :evil:

bigwheel
Reason the bag breaks is that the water is too hot.

Pigs

bigwheel said:

bigwheel

After 36 failed attempts, one would think you'd figure out what you were doing wrong. :LOL: ;)

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
About 20-30 min. in simmering water. Is sauced? don't boil the water. A nice low simmer works best. (for me) I go 15 min. per pound. Or there about. I have heard of guys cutting a small corner off the bag and reheating in a microwave. Never tried that trick. If it has sauce on it it seems to reheat faster. Why? I have no clue.

Pigs

I never boiled to reheat. I've ALWAYS put the entire bag in the microwave. I don't cut the corner either. The bag will swell with heat and eventually make it's own hole :) . If it's not hot enough, zap it again. Pretty simple!

Shores said:

Pigs

I never boiled to reheat. I've ALWAYS put the entire bag in the microwave. I don't cut the corner either. The bag will swell with heat and eventually make it's own hole :) . If it's not hot enough, zap it again. Pretty simple!
I'll give it a shot. 100% power? Half? Defrost?

Thanks

Pigs

Shores said:
[quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":3w36zwru]About 20-30 min. in simmering water. Is sauced? don't boil the water. A nice low simmer works best. (for me) I go 15 min. per pound. Or there about. I have heard of guys cutting a small corner off the bag and reheating in a microwave. Never tried that trick. If it has sauce on it it seems to reheat faster. Why? I have no clue.

Pigs

I'll give it a shot. 100% power? Half? Defrost?

Thanks

Pigs[/quote:3w36zwru]

If it's frozen, I'll defrost for a 3-5 minutes first then 100% for however many minutes until hot. Let me know if there is any difference to boiling it.

I use a microwave, just vent, heat in bursts (so as not to melt the bag), 3 to 4 minutes at a pop, flip and repeat...takes about 10/12 minutes for a 3 lb thawed bag.
dj

Pigs

Well them folks who recommending to reheat in the microwave without a vent hole is trying to teach you how to make a *omb. Not to mention the blushing bride having to clean goulash off the chandalier prob cut a person off for a week or two. That be contingent on them figgering out where you was getting it of course:)

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Well them folks who recommending to reheat in the microwave without a vent hole is trying to teach you how to make a *omb. Not to mention the blushing bride having to clean goulash off the chandalier prob cut a person off for a week or two. That be contingent on them figgering out where you was getting it of course:)

bigwheel

It won't explode! One of the seams will give to release the pressure nice and gentle like. Remember what you said earlier?

"bigwheel
Post subject: Re: How Long To Reheat

Few dozen times I've tried it..either the bag broke or I thought it was hot but it wasnt. I would not be looking forward to that kinda BS for Christimas
Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:38 pm "

If the bag breaks as you state above, (meaning the seam gives out in a particularly small spot) that means it's getting hot. If the bag doesn't, it ain't hot enough!

DJ makes a good point on only heating at a couple minutes at a time. Give you a chance to check on it. It'll heat up quicker than you think!!! :shock:

I have reheated several 2lb bags of pulled pork in the microwave. The meat was not frozen but stored in a cold fridge. Heat 2 min in an sealed foodsaver bag. pull it out and kneed it around. The corners get hot fast so I like to work the corners in. Heat another 2 min and keed again. 4 min on high total gives me smoking hot pulled pork.

On edit, you will have to use bbq gloves to kneed at the 4 min mark.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom