House Fire - Need some help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AndyW

Assistant Cook
My house burned up early on Monday 03/21. Just about everything on the inside of the house was lost, and we'll have to tear the house down and decide if we are going to rebuild. My grills and smokers were outside, and while dirtied up a bit, came out OK, so I still have my Weber Kettle, Spirit 310, WSM 22, and my propane smoker.

[youtube:3nohvxsg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3gutNiI9GM&feature=player_profilepage[/youtube:3nohvxsg]

Everything else stored inside is gone... All my spices, rubs, injections, remote thermometers, freezer full of meat, etc...

If anyone could help with some suggestions on the best way to start replacing some of my cooking essentials, I sure would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Andy W.

So sorry for your loss Andy, like Lew said wonderful no one was hurt, but still a big loss. I think if I had it to do over again I check out many of the suggestions on this board for spices, rubs and sauces and only buy those you have tried and loved or those the Senior Members of this board recommended. If I had done that I would not have a cupboard full of sauces and rubs that are just marginal. If you have not yet bought the Wolfe Rub recipes, with all three you cover most cooking bases and there is no shipping, a pretty inexpensive way to restock. Again sorry for your loss and good luck rebuilding.

So sorry for your loss. My first step on this deal would be to get to Ace Mart and buy some SS commercial grade scissor tongs. Then whip by Kroger and snag some salt n peppa and an 18 pack of bud light. When you get this accomplished holler back for the next steps.

So sorry for your loss, Andy. Such a nice look'n home, too. At least everyone is ok, right?

I'm with the texan, Bigwheel. Tongs, s & p, and cold beer. You've got alot of work to do and decisions to make, keep everything simple for a while and just be there for the family. Burgers and dogs will be a good staple to bring something "normal" back.

Wish you the best and good luck on the build. On the bright side, interest rates are very low.

Oh man Andy...so sorry. Although I'm way out in SoCali, If there's and thing me and my family can do to help please don't hesitate to ask.

Man I'm sorry for the loss, My family was in the local volunteer fd for years. Other then a loss of life you are going threw the hardest think life can throw at you. I saw folks watch their house burn. It isn't fun. Don't deal with the insurance company your self get a fire adjuster to help you, he works for you not them. REMEMBER the insurance don't want to pay you anything so don't go it alone. ask your friends, neighbors, even your laywer to help you find a good one

as far as your bbq stuff, you know what you and your family like more then us. My heart hurts for you and your family
You folks will be in our prayers, along with JB, BOY

Back
Top Bottom