Homemade Meat Pies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cookking

Sous Chef
Yesterday afternoon my wife wanted to make Natchitoches Meat Pies so while she browned and seanened the meat I made the dough. It had been a while since we made pies like this so it takes doing a few to get into the right pattern so to say to make them. Ended up making 39 of them. Baked some last night and the rest went into the freezer another time.
img_255605_0_a6f9a1571232873401b2cd4c2cf57048.jpg

I didn't feel like heating up the outdoor fryer so we just baked some.
Ready for the oven.
img_255605_1_ee5cca93face97c568952f9021d9ce15.jpg

Done!
img_255605_2_0e9d9bfcde942dc4813b36d097a163fb.jpg

Tasty!
img_255605_3_7dfcaa452f6c370bac70761dc452719b.jpg

What Buzz said. Pretty popular North of 'The Bridge' in these parts.
Be great to catch a recipe on this one.:cool:

Ok my keen investigative mind has just noticed there aint no celery in the meat pie filling recipe...gasp!! Aint no right minded cajone from the wrong side of the Sabine dare try that without the complete trinity accounted for and in the propa ratios. Hope Justeen aint spinning in his grave too hot and heavy over this deal. Add celery before Chef Folse gets wind of it. Thanks.

Ok my keen investigative mind has just noticed there aint no celery in the meat pie filling recipe...gasp!! Aint no right minded cajone from the wrong side of the Sabine dare try that without the complete trinity accounted for and in the propa ratios. Hope Justeen aint spinning in his grave too hot and heavy over this deal. Add celery before Chef Folse gets wind of it. Thanks.

What are YOU:rolleyes: doing chasing down links? I thought you didn't do that. Lol....
Not my recipe, just folowing someones instructions.

:supz:

What are YOU:rolleyes: doing chasing down links? I thought you didn't do that. Lol....
Not my recipe, just folowing someones instructions.

Arrahhhaaa not exactly. I dont mind chasing a link or two. I do not watch movies or listen to stuff which requires sound because it interrupts the classic country tunes. The recipe looks fairly sound just get that trinity whupped into shape. One cup chopped onyawn..1/2 cup each celery and bell peppa. After a little liquid gets built up dump all the fresh garlic a person can stand to shuck and chop. That should work. Just keep the ratios in mind for larger amounts. Usually work out to one onywan..half a stalk celery and half a peppa. I will prob just have to put the meat in a Wonder Bread fold over since I aint much on baking stuff..lol. Thanks for the recipe.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom