Holy crap !!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
I was just out welding on my smoker when i needed to grind in a corner. Put on a Harbor Frieght grinding wheel, touched it to the steel and it exploded into a million pieces of shrapnel (no, like a total assho*e I didn't have glasses on). My face got peppered with pieces of abrasive. Thank the lord, no injury to my eyes....

Now I know why the wheels from my welding supply are around a buck apiece and the Harbor Freight 10 pack was $4.00...

Holy crap.....

I have had the same thing happen with Zip Wheels. I called my welding supply place and he said that its a Manufactures default in the wheel. He gave me credit for it but thats all. Glad you werent injured John.

Wow, that's scary. :shock: I've got a few Harbor Freight tools, including a bench grinder. I'll keep your experience in mind. :shock:

--John 8)
(Ya gotta figure they know what their stuff's worth.)

One thing my years of experience has taught me...police officers and power tools seldom go together. :LOL: :LOL: Glad you're OK John, let's be careful out there!

Bruce B said:
One thing my years of experience has taught me...police officers and power tools seldom go together. :LOL: :LOL: Glad you're OK John, let's be careful out there!

One of the things my years of experince have taught me is, most stuff from Harbor Freight is crap!

I've never bought anything from them, whenever I've looked at their site I've always wondered how they can keep their prices so low on some things...I guess now I know.

Bruce B said:
I've never bought anything from them, whenever I've looked at their site I've always wondered how they can keep their prices so low on some things...I guess now I know.

I buy stuff there on and off...Usually specialized tools Ill only use one or twice. I also have bought a bunch of hand tools to put in tool box's that I keep in my truck and rv. Ill think twice before buying consumables there again..

I buy stuff there on and off...Usually specialized tools Ill only use one or twice. I also have bought a bunch of hand tools to put in tool box's that I keep in my truck and rv. Ill think twice before buying consumables there again..[/quote]

Same here, I keep the simple things from HF in my workbox when I am on the road. In 22 years we have had 2 thefts. I would rather lose my cheap screwdrivers and wrenches than the good ones I keep at home. I also got their 13 drawer toolbox...for 179, it was great for the house.

Back
Top Bottom