Holy cow! I've been suspended from TVWBB!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Speaking about wok cooking Jane, that is one of the best features of the mobile pit I bought. It has two 160,000 BTU burners on the nose. They fit a wok like they were designed for it! I finally have something that allows me to get the wok hot enough to do real stir fry on!

Many of my clients remodel their kitchens, and I am the first person they ask for advice on appliance purchases.
Me, too. Fortunately most people go into it wanting high-end gas equipment to begin with so I don't have a hard time but every once in a while...well, it can get frustrating. I usually win in the end but I have this one woman in Ga. She's already got a gas line. Dunno. I'm not conceding yet. Every time we work up a menu I always mention one or two things that would be nice to do 'if you had gas'. I'm working it. :!:

Jane, aside from that, which I think may have been misinterpreted because Raine just doesn't seem to be that sort of person, you could buy appx 56 WSM's for the cost of that pit! Assuming you did not get a volume discount! Alas though, you would not have those keen nose burners! And, you would have to buy a fleet of trucks to haul em to the cook! Woodrow

PS the burners are better visible here

http://community.webshots.com/album/335217791rfjRVy

Woodman said:
Is ths just a BBQ phenomenon? Or , are these types of "misunderstandings" to be expected anywhere people are posting their thoughts? I mean, do they have these types of issues on the "Lionel Train Lovers Forum" when some guy tries to rib a guy about how clean his caboose is? Seems like there are some awfully sensitive people out there! We are fighting with a guy on the Texas site right now because somebody said, "gas smokers ain't BBQ." I think it was a joke, but now this guy is honked off. I mean , come on, everybody knows that real BBQ only comes from an offset pit. You can't make Q on a WSM, A gasser, or an electric! What a maroon! [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X

Jane, I agree with Woody. Raine's a very classy lady, I've never seen her flame anyone on this board. I believe that she may have been replying to this post from Woody. In other words:

The flame on Raine
Comes mainly from Miss Jane

Sorry Jane, I couldn't resist especially after your great rap lyrics! Glad to have you on this board, I enjoy reading your posts! :grin:

I was just thinking (always dangerous), it's funny how we all agree that gas is the greatest way to cook indoors but how we all get upset about it when we move the cooking outdoors. And another thing that's strange is that after all the great culinary advances in the last century most of us agree that cooking with wood or wood based products hasn't yet been improved upon!

Something to think about I guess as we men (ladies too!) fire up the grills and smokers to cook our meals for Father's Day!

Thats the problem, bbqing is a MANS GAME anyhow. :tant:
Oh boy am I gonna get killed for this one.

And to all the Divas and other lovely Ladies, im just kidding.

Kloset, you are absolutly right. Thats a good point on the gas thing. People are funny, my wife doesnt like to cook but doesnt want anything to do with a gas stove that I want, and I do 95% of the cooking. I grew up useing gas stoves and understand its greater performance. Shes just hard headed, stuck in her beefaroni, campbells soup world she grew up in..

ps,I still like wrestlin with her though.

Wow, Dale. I guess you didn't fall in love over a dinner she'd made to capture your heart!

This is all so idiosyncratic to me. I want gas inside but I do not own--nor do I enjoy cooking on--a gasser outside. But a gas burner is okay, or a big one for a fryer set-up. An electric or dual-fuel oven inside is just fine, but not an electric smoker outside, but an electric rotis (over coal) ouside is a-ok.

Happy Father's Day to all you fathers or wannabes.

Yes Kevin she won me over with her other abilities. She likes my cooking and that evens everything out. :razz:

Susan Z said:
I'm lost!

:-k

I was too. But I noticed this (look above):

Jane wrote:
Raine wrote:
Is ths just a BBQ phenomenon?
WHOA! It was not directed at you. It was a reply to Woody's comment. The controling part, etc was in reference to the people from the other cook sites.

Her reply got buried in the quote!

Back
Top Bottom