Holy cow! I've been suspended from TVWBB!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm having a hard time trying to figure this all out. :)
I have done nothing but LEARN from ALL of your posts, on both sites.
If it wasn't for you ALL, I would know a quarter of what I know now,
on how to Q :eek:
Please Keep posting :D :D
THANK YOU, FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Just my 2 cents

Cheers

Bryan,

Whatever his the problem is, #-o PLEASE don't stop posting!
You guys/gals have taught all of us! :!:
Everbody is a newbie at one time :eek:
And even if you are not, there is always room to improve [-o<
and learn :eek:

Cheers

Steve...incase there is any confusion, Kevin, Bryan, Jane and Susan have not been banned here. They are more than welcome to answer as often and as long as they wish.

There are WSM users and off-set users here and any help on any subject for any user level is appreciated. Are there rules here? Yes, but I am not going to tell somone to not post as often as they want to. Of course, once again, I have this site and host for free...the $$ I have invested is the $9 for the url and the $125 in the logo. So, a $134 investment minus the $20 in shirt and mug money I have made is ok by me!

Stay and post if you wish without fear of being told to not post as often as you'd like! And if you want to leave here that's fine too! :!:

"TVWBB?" What's that? Is it like the SPCA? I used to belong to the IOOOB? Is it like that?

Which reminds me: I gotta run get me my Father's Day present. I know just what I want. :beach:

Can I call you two Skippy and Daphne?
You sound like a couple of 'Fun Girls'.
You have to watch "the Andy Griffith Show" or this just won't work.

AG11.JPG

Well I got banned from Rocky's forum that Raine mentioned a couple pages back.

He posted a picture of his "world famous" barrel smokers and in the background was a WSM, all clean and shiny. I responded to the picture by mentioning that it was the cleanest WSM I have ever seen. You would have thought that I accused him of cooking with gas.

He sent me a private message telling me that he has cooked more, known more and been around more Q than I ever would be, and he didn't appreciate the insinuation that he never cooks on his WSM. He took my remarks very personal and then said his forum could get along just fine without any further posts from me.

I tried to explain my post then told him where he could put his WSM in order to dirty it up a bit., haven't been back.

Is ths just a BBQ phenomenon? Or , are these types of "misunderstandings" to be expected anywhere people are posting their thoughts? I mean, do they have these types of issues on the "Lionel Train Lovers Forum" when some guy tries to rib a guy about how clean his caboose is? Seems like there are some awfully sensitive people out there! We are fighting with a guy on the Texas site right now because somebody said, "gas smokers ain't BBQ." I think it was a joke, but now this guy is honked off. I mean , come on, everybody knows that real BBQ only comes from an offset pit. You can't make Q on a WSM, A gasser, or an electric! What a maroon! [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X

Well, folks, I tried to come up with a rap lyric starting with,
"I like to post and I cannot lie", and ending with "Susan got banned!"

But then I decided it was too much trouble. Especially when I kept rhyming "Chris" with "pissed". [-X

Bryan S said:
Here, You can read mine. :grin:
Hi Bryan,

I'm glad you're back online participating on my bulletin board, but I have a
favor to ask you.

I need you to post just a little bit less often.

I'm not asking you to stop posting, just to reduce the frequency a bit.

Here's why: As I write this, you've posted 214 messages in the first 10 days of
this month. That puts you on pace for 642 messages in June and 7700 posts in a
year. No one has ever posted that much, not me or any other member since I
started the bulletin board in 2000.

As you know, this can have a strange effect on the participation of other
members. It's like having someone totally dominate the conversation. Even though
we're online and there's nothing stopping anyone from posting if they want to,
there is a phenomenon that happens where an individual or a handful of people
can dominate the online discussion, which may discourage others from
participating.

Anyway, I would ask that you post a little bit less often so others feel
there's a chance for them to participate, too.

Thanks again for all your contributions to the board. I really appreciate
it, and I hope you have a great weekend!

Best regards,
Chris

Man Bryan, you make Woody and his 3000+ posts on the Texas BBQ site look like a slacker! :grin:

Jane , I think you just described the one we have in our new home. It came with the house and you are right. It sucks.

when i bought this place a couple of years ago, it had a smoothtop...I was really excited till I started cooking on it. Yes, easy to clean, but I find mine has very inconsistent heat. Maybe mines defective, I don't know.

Come on lottery, help get gas!

Jane that's exactly what mine does! I thought it was just broken! How can you cook with even heat if the freaking burner keeps cutting off!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom