Holiday Sauce and/or Rub Exchange

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B

Master Chef
I asked Greg prior to the Jack, if he would mind if I try to get a sauce/rub exchange going for the holidays. He graciously agreed because that's just the kind of Administrator he is....kinder, gentler, and caring but enough about him.

If there is enough interest, what I would like to do is to have a BBQ Sauce and/or Rub exchange between members for the holidays. This needs to start early so match-ups can be made in time for the items to be mailed and reach the recipients in time for the Holidays.

Any member interested in exchanging a commercial sauce or commercial or home made rub with another member should contact me via PM prior to November 15th. Home made sauces are acceptable if they can be mailed without having to be refrigerated. Once I have received the names of those interested, I will do a draw and post the match-ups on the Board.

Once the draw has been made if members want to exchange items other than sauce and rub, they may agree do so.

We will limit the amount spent by individual to $15, however, if individual members wish to exceed that amount they may do so.

Once the draw has been made and posted any changes or switching of one name for another will totally be the responsibility of the parties involved.

If you're interested in this exchange simply PM me with your name, I will place your name on the list for the draw. Let's get shopping!!

I would be happy to participate. I don't compete or cater & already have more rubs & sauces than I can use in a year. I will enter if I can request Beer :LOL:

OK, folks I know most of you are waiting until just before the November 15th deadline to get in on the Holiday Rub/Sauce Exchange, and because as of right now we only have 9 folks signed up, I am going to extend the deadline until MONDAY NOVEMBER 19th.

If you want to be involved in this fun great event just send me a PM and on the 20th I'll make the pairings and post them here on the Board. C'mon let's have some fun and get some good stuff in the mail.

Doesn't have to be Rub/Sauce, it can be any regional items you'd like to share.

brian j said:
i'm in. is this the same as the secret santa thing i did last year or is this limited to rub and/or sauce?

Exactly Brian, no it doesn't have to be rub or sauce, it can be anything really, should kind of stay with the BBQ/Grilling/Food theme, but that's up to you.

Bruce B said:
OK, folks I know most of you are waiting until just before the November 15th deadline to get in on the Holiday Rub/Sauce Exchange, and because as of right now we only have 9 folks signed up, I am going to extend the deadline until MONDAY NOVEMBER 19th.

If you want to be involved in this fun great event just send me a PM and on the 20th I'll make the pairings and post them here on the Board. C'mon let's have some fun and get some good stuff in the mail.

Doesn't have to be Rub/Sauce, it can be any regional items you'd like to share.

Not sure if there are any canned Rocky Mountain Oysters around this time of year :shock:

Back
Top Bottom