Holiday Boudin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronbeaux50

Head Chef
Last time I checked there were 112,322 recipes for boudin. OK, not really, but there are a lot! I'm killing lots of birds with one rock today.

First I dug around in the freezer and found some left over smoke ham, some left over smoked turkey, and some left over brisket. Set it to boil on the stove while gathering up all my boudin making stuff.

Took the meat out of the boil and set it aside to cool so I could go through it and pick out the bones and chunks of skin and fat. These went back into the pot along with some pinto beans.

img_208491_0_064f377dd5f70b69f2ef650366524555.jpg

Pulsed the meat in the FP and then added 3 seeded jalapenos and a small onion that got pulsed also. (The rice was cooking at this point) Then seasoned up a bit with garlic, oregano, and a dash of red pepper and salt to taste.

img_208491_1_b81690eea245b62749a6d45749fa94a9.jpg

The casings and the rice got ready about the same time and I went to work stuffing them up. These are short for a reason. They are for a pot luck dinner at the campground on New Years Eve so I wanted them to be a two or three bite morsel to go along with some smoked sausage that I will prep that day, it's store bought so it will give me something to do.

img_208491_2_cedebb4868af88257925480f6d4ece06.jpg

It worked out to about 13lbs total using 3 cups of rice cooked in some of the broth from the meat boil. They are laid up in the OBS for a few hours of smoke and to cook the casing and then will get vac packed for the party.

img_208491_3_145ab1b19da1736fb1f5e3fa0c10823d.jpg

I might try a few ::)

Looks great Hill Billy. Now it is black eyed peas which bring good fortune on New Year. Pinto beans is just regular old food.

bigwheel

Woops sorry Ron..got you mixed up with Hilly Billy for some reason. It couldn't be the Ezra that causes them kinda problemos surely:) Glad you got the Black Eyed Peas nailed for New Years. Merry Christmas to you and yours. Bet them folks is gonna love that Boudan.

bigwheel

ScottyDaQ said:
Looks good. How do you like that Bradley? I looked at one a long time ago.

I like it for what it was made for. Cold to warm smoking food. It doesn't even come close to a WSM or a Backwoods for bbq.

Oh man those look good Ron. did you ever make the Crawfish fest this year in BB?

surfinsapo said:
Oh man those look good Ron. did you ever make the Crawfish fest this year in BB?

Yes we did. Even brought the camper this time and stayed 5 minutes from there.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom