Hokie Hotcakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bbquzz

Master Chef
Another college football Saturday and while I follow the VA Tech Hokies, I live in Ohio and this is Ohio State, Michigan Saturday. I figured I'd better load up for the day and what better fuel than pancakes ... Better yet these are what we call Pa Pa Prices (my Dad) Pancakes. The beer and whipped egg whites make them a little unique. Here we go.

• Paw Paw Prices Pancakes •

Ingredients

Sift Together The Following
2 cup Flour
1 tsp Salt
1 H tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tbsp Sugar

Mix Together The Following
3 Egg Yolks -- Slightly beaten
1 cup Milk, Evaporated
1 cup Beer (Bass Pale Ale)
1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract -- OPTIONAL

4 tbsp Butter -- Melted

3 Egg White -- Hold For Third Step

Instructions

With a wire whisk mix together the sifted ingredients and the egg yolks, evaporated milk and beer (you can substitute soda water if you are not into beer). Add melted butter. Beat the three egg whites till stiff and fold into the batter using a wire whisk.

When folding in the egg whites leave the batter a little fluffy. I cover the batter and leave in the refrigerator long enough to cool down. I use a no stick griddle at 350° no oil or addition butter. Pour and turn when the batter starts to bubble.

Got everything ready to go.

On the griddle.

Looking good and golden.

Time to chow-down!

Off to GameDay and my picks for the other games. I'm hoping the Hokies win the next two weeks and some other cards fall and maybe we could play in the ACC Championship in Tampa ... a long shot, but I'm a Hokie at heart.

Back
Top Bottom