Hmmmmm, I'm Noticing that - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > Corporate Administration > General (Non-BBQ) Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 11-12-2012, 03:45 PM   #1
DJ
BBQ Central Pro

Hmmmmm, I'm Noticing that

There seems to be a lot less participation on this forum than there was a couple or so years back...I myself had gotten caught up in FaceBook and broken away from here, and other BBq Forums for that matter due to time constraints, ok, spending too much time at the computer and pissin off the wife....but, I regress...I just want to know where everyone is and why there appears to be little going on here....This was once a Great Forum and with a little participation, can rise back to the days of yesteryear.
Off the soapbox now.....
dj

www.djstexasstylebbq.com
DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:57 PM   #2
DJ
BBQ Central Pro

Also...

One other thing....why can't I see a new thread after I started it.....(like this one for instance)....does not show up in "New Posts"....and, if I add to a thread, it too goes away....Is this something in my settings? I don't like it.
dj

www.djstexasstylebbq.com
Old 11-12-2012, 06:02 PM   #3
Graduate of BBQ Central

I can see everything except the stuff you ddn't post.
Traegernator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:30 PM   #4
God O'Que

A lot of people defected shortly after the sale and new software. I like the new software a lot better than the old one. I have also noticed lower activity on a few other forums I frequent. Maybe people are falling off of the bbq bandwagon?
Weber Jumbo Joe
UDS
Weber Q100
Santa Maria Style Grill

John
Vermin999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:24 PM   #5
Official BBQ Central Mark

Well my interest flits from hobby to hobby at times. Here lately I have been interested in essential extractions..wink wink and got on some of those chat forums. Dang person get banned from them places quick. Few giant ego..retarded pedantic wannabe injuneers seem to have that otherwise enjoyable imaginary past time totally screwed up. I dont play well with them types apparently. So I come over and chat with yall..then FB takes up time..all my kith and kin and some from on here who I am always glad to see those from here who pop up over there. Not to be luring anybody away from here by any means..but it you want to ever visit a cool place try this. Its for Austic Aspergers folks and they have some great discussions on all types of stuff. Come to find out from taking some of their tests I have a bunch of serious mental issues. lol. I go by Gomer Pyle on FB is anybody wants to be pals.

Wrong Planet - Getting to know each other
bigwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:44 PM   #6

I feel much like V, seems when Larry departed, Cappy bailed out too and that caused a little downward spiral. There are still some good posters and enough folks here that I know I'm still learning. I'm sure what BW said is true too, hobbies come and go and to some BBQ is just a hobby. I'm hoping by sticking around we'll get a new crop of interested teaches and students, I'm not ready to bail.
• KCBS Certified Judge #53267
bbquzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:12 PM   #7
DJ
BBQ Central Pro

Well that explains at least some of it. Guess I missed a lot of discussion during peoples bailing out and selling out and all...had no idea what happened to them, specially L W....he always seemed to have sumtin to say pretty much bout everything....
oh well, thanks for the input
dj

www.djstexasstylebbq.com
Old 11-13-2012, 06:22 PM   #8

I've been here since day 1. I've seen folks come and go from that point on. When a loud mouth like Larry leaves, it seems like a lot disappear, but it was only 1. Cappy and scottydaq will be missed as much as larry but we will still survive! There have been new folks joining here since those guys left and it will continue to change, hopefully for the better! For now though, you're all stuck with me!
Old 11-13-2012, 06:32 PM   #9
Official BBQ Central Mark

I've been here since ......well...since Nick called me a pussy! I have learned so much about about bbq that Now I do it for a living! Hmmmm....maybe I learned something!
(Sucks that we're only left with Nick)
Old 11-13-2012, 08:30 PM   #10

Well, I for one have not been posting as much as I used to. The pisser is I can't think of a reason why not. I certainly hope it is not advancing age.

"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would do them harm."
George Orwell
Griff is offline   Reply With Quote