Hmmmmm, I'm Noticing that

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DJ

Sous Chef
There seems to be a lot less participation on this forum than there was a couple or so years back...I myself had gotten caught up in FaceBook and broken away from here, and other BBq Forums for that matter due to time constraints, ok, spending too much time at the computer and pissin off the wife....but, I regress...I just want to know where everyone is and why there appears to be little going on here....This was once a Great Forum and with a little participation, can rise back to the days of yesteryear.
Off the soapbox now.....
dj

Also...

One other thing....why can't I see a new thread after I started it.....(like this one for instance)....does not show up in "New Posts"....and, if I add to a thread, it too goes away....Is this something in my settings? I don't like it.
dj

A lot of people defected shortly after the sale and new software. I like the new software a lot better than the old one. I have also noticed lower activity on a few other forums I frequent. Maybe people are falling off of the bbq bandwagon?

Well my interest flits from hobby to hobby at times. Here lately I have been interested in essential extractions..wink wink and got on some of those chat forums. Dang person get banned from them places quick. Few giant ego..retarded pedantic wannabe injuneers seem to have that otherwise enjoyable imaginary past time totally screwed up. I dont play well with them types apparently. So I come over and chat with yall..then FB takes up time..all my kith and kin and some from on here who I am always glad to see those from here who pop up over there. Not to be luring anybody away from here by any means..but it you want to ever visit a cool place try this. Its for Austic Aspergers folks and they have some great discussions on all types of stuff. Come to find out from taking some of their tests I have a bunch of serious mental issues. lol. I go by Gomer Pyle on FB is anybody wants to be pals.

Wrong Planet - Getting to know each other

I feel much like V, seems when Larry departed, Cappy bailed out too and that caused a little downward spiral. There are still some good posters and enough folks here that I know I'm still learning. I'm sure what BW said is true too, hobbies come and go and to some BBQ is just a hobby. I'm hoping by sticking around we'll get a new crop of interested teaches and students, I'm not ready to bail.

Well that explains at least some of it. Guess I missed a lot of discussion during peoples bailing out and selling out and all...had no idea what happened to them, specially L W....he always seemed to have sumtin to say pretty much bout everything....
oh well, thanks for the input
dj

I've been here since day 1. I've seen folks come and go from that point on. When a loud mouth like Larry leaves, it seems like a lot disappear, but it was only 1. Cappy and scottydaq will be missed as much as larry but we will still survive! There have been new folks joining here since those guys left and it will continue to change, hopefully for the better! For now though, you're all stuck with me!:rolleyes:

I've been here since ......well...since Nick called me a pussy! I have learned so much about about bbq that Now I do it for a living! Hmmmm....maybe I learned something!
(Sucks that we're only left with Nick:()

Well, I for one have not been posting as much as I used to. The pisser is I can't think of a reason why not. I certainly hope it is not advancing age.

Had noticed that BW is still pretty consistant, :) , and glad to see the rest of you weigh in as well....(Specially you Mega Posters, Puff and Nick). I'm stickin around too...

Well from watching the Alaska State Trooper show on TV seems like yall have an overabundance of nutty acting criminals up there. Could see how a smart tough lawyer would stay too busy to clown around on chat forums.

Well, I for one have not been posting as much as I used to. The pisser is I can't think of a reason why not. I certainly hope it is not advancing age.

Yes..my Daddy always claim my mind was a vast storehouse of inconsequential Trivia. I thought he was embellishing a bit but maybe not. Its hard to say. He was purty smart about most stuff. He thought my Mama was a Martian Spy. She did act funny sometimes.

so now when I open a thread, the last post is at the top, or, sht 2 opens first...wtf??? I'd like to view the "topic" or opening segment of the thread first, but am unable to figure out what to do....Surely this can't be only way to view, (as in reverse order)....Help Me Plz!!
dj

Switched to Hybrid Mode....looks better than the last time I tried it....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom