High Dollar Ribs!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary in VA

Head Chef
I donated 8 racks of ribs to an auction at my church. Fully cooked, vacuum packed and frozen. To benefit the building fund.

They were sold for $55 per rack. I would have been happy with $20 per rack.

I only wish I could sell them for that much!

Just thought I would share.

Also, my wife and I gave a dinner for 6 at our house. Fillet Mignon and bacon wrapped stuffed shrimp. It sold for $255.

It just goes to show that if you feed people for charity, they open their wallet.

There were also several pies and cakes that went for well over $100.

Very nice. For $255 you better not disappoint anybody. I think that would put too much pressure on me.

Sounds like the Lord has bestowed financial blessings on that particular group of pew warmers:)

bigwheel

That is really great Gary. It must make you feel proud to be able to help out the cause like that. It kind of elevates things beyond just cooking for family. Vermin also makes a good point but I doubt that anyone at your church would be less than pleased with your contribution.

Found out this morning that the auction in whole was a HUGE success. Raised over $50K for our building fund.

bigwheel said:
Sounds like the Lord has bestowed financial blessings on that particular group of pew warmers:)

bigwheel
Yes... some in the congregation are blessed more than others of us. Although, I will say, most of those with the larger blessings are very generous in their giving.

Vermin999 said:
Very nice. For $255 you better not disappoint anybody. I think that would put too much pressure on me.

eh... I ain't worried. These are good people that are making a donation to the church. Besides, just being in my wife and my presence should be worth most of that money. :LOL:

That's great oif you to do that Gary. They were doing it as a donation to the church. They are going to get a tax right off with that donation!

Good deeds like that could get a person out of purgatory a few hundred years early.

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom