Hi Yall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greg Rempe

Web Celeb
Moderator Emeritus
Congrats on the Stumps, Mike...can't wait to see some pics of that when you get back to Dayton!

Glad to have you aboard! We got all kinds here...WSM, Gators, Kloses, ECB and I think you are the first Stumps! Can't wait to hear the results of your first cook!! :!:

Mike,

If you need someone to keep an eye on your Stumps while you're gone I can come down and pick it up and make sure nothing happens to it and then deliver it back to you (maybe) when you get back.

Don't say no right away, think about it for a few days and let me know.

Welcome to the Board, looking forward to your Stumps reports.

Welcome Big Mike. Are you going to be down at Nelsonville next week? If so stop by and say hi. What part of Dayton are you from? I lived in the Dayton area (Miamisburg) for 15 years before moving to the Cleveland area. Still miss Marion's pizza!

Good luck and congratulations on the Stumps smoker!

Kloset BBQR said:
Welcome Big Mike. Are you going to be down at Nelsonville next week? If so stop by and say hi. What part of Dayton are you from? I lived in the Dayton area (Miamisburg) for 15 years before moving to the Cleveland area. Still miss Marion's pizza!

Good luck and congratulations on the Stumps smoker!

Hey Kloset, are you talking about Paul Bunyan?

Smokin' U said:
http://www.ohiobbq.com/[/url]

It is the Ohio State Championship and a KCBS sanctioned event so the winner gets an invite to the American Royal Invitational and the Jack Daniels Invitational. Only 19 teams have signed up so far but the competition looks stiff. Some very seasoned teams there such as John Ford's Rub Me Tender team, Ford Allison's Great Lakes BBQ & Feed Company, OD on BBQ, and the defending champs Bar-B-Quau.

If you come down please stop by and say hello. We are the Northcoast BBQ Society. Dress warm and bring rain gear!

If she likes BBQ she would but the contest is notorious for bad weather and great hospitality. Last year we went down as spectators and about froze to death but most of the competition teams are very friendly and will talk your head off about BBQ and their smokers. You want to be there before noon when turn in starts. Each team generally offers free samples to the spectators after turn in.

Since it's your anniversary though I'd make sure you take her out to dinner after the comp!

I don't think she would dig it...I plan to compete with Kloset and Bubba next year...make plans to join us!

Greg Rempe said:
I don't think she would dig it...I plan to compete with Kloset and Bubba next year...make plans to join us!

Yeah right, blah blah blah blah..............

Back
Top Bottom