Hey you Carolina guys - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > Corporate Administration > General (Non-BBQ) Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 01-10-2007, 05:19 PM   #1
Wizard of Que

Hey you Carolina guys

Wife & I are looking at possible places to live. I want away from snow, the Mrs wants a small town in the mountains somewhere within driving distance to a big city. Just got a copy of the 2007 guide to the S.E. Mountains....They say you get snow! Say it ain't true.

DATsBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 06:00 PM   #2
Official BBQ Central Mark

DAT's... I asked around. NC doesn't want you. LOL

"Of all the imaginary friends I've had, I don't think there was one that I didn't end up having to kill."

in seach of Umami
Finney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 06:03 PM   #3
Pope O'Que

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finney
DAT's... I asked around. NC doesn't want you. LOL
Just laughed OUT LOUD so hard the wife just came in and wanted to know what was so funny.

The weather is here.... wish you were beautiful

Imagine my disappointment if i were here to make you happy
Smokey_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 06:12 PM   #4

I hear South America stays pretty warm.

Old 01-10-2007, 06:35 PM   #5
Saint O'Que

I'm thinking you should move to California:
Temecula
San Luis Obispo
Ojai
Moorpark
Old 01-10-2007, 06:48 PM   #6
Wizard of Que

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen_Paradise
I'm thinking you should move to California:
Temecula
San Luis Obispo
Ojai
Moorpark
I was stationed in the granolabowl in the late 70s. Have a Sis who lives there now. There's a reason it's called the left coast But thanks for you suggestion. Did a summer camp at San Lois, nice scenery.

Just read this article on the Blue Ridge Pig Q joint in Nellysford, VA. Not sure where that is at. Owned by a guy named Stawberry Goodwin, who looks like biker without the bike. Anyhow, it's a take out joint but has a 4 Star rating and serves "sophisiticated smoked meats...". I could say that Finney recommended me (as to not live in Lexington) and maybe I could get a job there mopping floors.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:56 PM   #7

Well I dont usually give out this info cept to close pals..but you need to move to Alpine, TX. Best all around weather in the US of A. Dont get too hot in the summer or too cold in the winter. Property values real reasonable. You will need to buy some cowboy clothes. If you a married man you can look at the cute cow girls in the tight Wranglers but you musn't touch. That be sinful ya know?

bigwheel
bigwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 07:13 PM   #8
Wizard of Que

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheel
Well I dont usually give out this info cept to close pals..but you need to move to Alpine, TX. Best all around weather in the US of A. Dont get too hot in the summer or too cold in the winter. Property values real reasonable. You will need to buy some cowboy clothes. If you a married man you can look at the cute cow girls in the tight Wranglers but you musn't touch. That be sinful ya know?

bigwheel
Mrs says Alpine is too far south. She even pulled out her map. Other suggestions? Cowboy clothes would give her a reason to go shopping, but horses cost too much to maintain and should it go lame I'd have to sell it some Asian Rim Importer
Old 01-10-2007, 07:21 PM   #9

Quote:

bigwheel
Now thats some sound advise!
Old 01-10-2007, 08:17 PM   #10

Well you dont need no steenken horse. You need a pickup with a bale of hay and a few fence posts in the back. Now the horsey bizness is very lucrative. Used to have an old pal down in Wise County (that the one who looked just like Bum Phillips) who answered all the newspaper ad's for yups who bought ponies for the kids at the ranchettes up around Foat Wuth then decide they too much trouble. He give em a long sad spiel about how he needed a pony for his grandkids but he purty broke but give it a good home..blah blah blah. Got em for pennies on the dollar. Then he load em up in his horse trailer and take em to his pen and when he get a full load he call the packing plant which specialized in selling horse meat to the frog eating frenchies. Dang..he made a lot of money on that deal. Dont think his hosses ever made it to the Pacific Rim.

bigwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DATsBBQ
Quote:

bigwheel
Mrs says Alpine is too far south. She even pulled out her map. Other suggestions? Cowboy clothes would give her a reason to go shopping, but horses cost too much to maintain and should it go lame I'd have to sell it some Asian Rim Importer

bigwheel is offline   Reply With Quote