Hey SS or BW you ever been here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeppers I'm a member. Only a Junior Burger last I checked. The posting runs funny on that site. Gets me cornfused. Havent been over there in a long time but get a newsletter from em.

bigwheel

I haven't been there JB.. We have a famous BBQ joint called " Joe Cottens" in Robstown Texas. That is where I ussually go if my Mom comes to visit.... All you can eat BBQ... :D

cols_daytrips-31705.jpeg

Beleaguered Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo and his movie star former reality TV star girlfriend, Jessica Simpson, were spotted getting some grub at Joe Cotton's BBQ in Robstown, Texas this past weekend while on their way to go hunting.

Yee haw!

A plate at Joe's is $15. Romo left a $300 tip.

He must still be feeling guilty for Cabogate and the whole choking thing last weekend!
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Ahhh ok...now I get it. No I aint been there. I dont eat storebought bbq. It just never measures up to whut I cook. Have ate at Joe Cotten's a few times in the past when I was a young skull full of mush and was greatly underwhelmed. In fact think it may have been the first place to help convince me a person shouldn't expect much from storebought bbq. Rumors always floating around Corpus and Robistown over there that they boiled their briskets before smoking. That be enough to ruin anybody's reputation. Whether it was true or not aint sure...just know it didnt have a very good flavor. Mighty bland. Now old Black Smitty who cooked in a one room shack on the edge of downtown Robistown had some purty good bbq..but he bound to be dead by now cuz he was purty old back in the early 70's. He drank a lot of Gin too. Suspect if old age didn't get him all that gin blew out his liver.

bigwheel

They don't boil nothing except greens and german potato salad.. They only use mesquite.. I don't go there since it's 20 miles. I go to Miller BBQ on airline road... It rocks always.. They don't boil either..Houston joints boil.. The chains that is.. ;)

Bruce B said:
We gotta do sumtin wit the edumacation sytem in dis cuntry.

I hate to be the speling kop hear Bruce but I thut the korrect spelling was edjumaction. The rest of the wurds look goode thouw!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom