Hey Pigs by the Moon (Chris)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Woodman that was very cool. I got that movie a few months ago it was excelent. That was the best rock movie I have ever seen.

Thanks for telling me about it
Chris

Dang it Woodman...don't post this stuff on a Saturday morning...Ive got work to do......"How I wish, How I wish you were......"

chris1237 said:
Hey Woodman that was very cool. I got that movie a few months ago it was excelent. That was the best rock movie I have ever seen.

Thanks for telling me about it
Chris

True it was great. Rattle and Hum by U2 is my favorite.

Saw that movie as part of a double feature at the drive-in about 26 years ago. Also saw David Gilmour back in April here and he played that song. And the crowd went crazy! Only a few more days until the release of Pulse. Another great Floyd concert. Saw that tour at Soldier's Field.

Pink Floyd gets my vote. U2 I like though. Its like comparing the Beatles to the Monkees. If you vote for the Monkees, that will tell me everything I need to know. :D

U2 isn't even better than:

Rush
Yes
REM
Split Enz
Hoodoo Gurus

I could go on. I still like U2 but, haven't bought one of their records since "Boy" back in 82. They kind of get monotonous. Sorry 8-[

I really don't like to compare bands as it is very hard to do and ultimately subjective, and I never take the "better than" road with any of them BUT, Woody...U2 not better than REM????!!!!.... please :) REM is right behind Kelly Clarkson. Sorry Greg! :grin:

Anyway, I was just talking about the U2 video, not the whole of their work. :!:

In 1976 I saw Pink Floyd at Madison Square Garden. The first half of the show they performed Animals in its entirety. After a 30 min break they played "Wish You Were Here" in its entirety followed by an encore of "Money" "Time" and "Great gig in the sky" complete with all the floating animals, props, and screen show. To this day after hundreds of shows that was still the best concert I've ever been to.

I also saw the "Momentary Lapse of Reason" Tour and the "Divison Bell" Tour

Zilla, you should have seen the "Wish You Were Here "tour in 74. I saw it at Three Rivers in Pittsburgh in a "highly enhanced" state of mind. Best show EVER!!!!!!

Woodman said:
Zilla, you should have seen the "Wish You Were Here "tour in 74. I saw it at Three Rivers in Pittsburgh in a "highly enhanced" state of mind. Best show EVER!!!!!!

Missed that tour by 17 years :eek: Wish you were here has got to be my favorite album by Floyd. :(
BTW Floyd wins hands down :(

Back
Top Bottom