hey deputynrc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Griff

Master Chef
I was gonna post this in response to your injected butt thread but didn't want to stray off topic. How about some details about your new avatar?

Griff

Poor Yogi. Now why would anybody want a .35 Whelan? Enquiring minds need to know this stuff:)

bigwheel

"Born on a mountain top in Tennessee,
Greenest state in the land of the free,
Raised in the woods, so he knew every tree,
Killed him a b'ar, when he was only three!

Davy, Davy Crockett,
He slaughtered an innocent bear."

;)

Nothing offensive to me. Congratulations on a nice trophy.

deputynrc said:
Oh yeah, cooked a large bear roast in the crockpot and it was goood!!

By chance any Wolfe Rub involved in that cook?? I haven't tried it on bear yet????

Larry Wolfe said:
Puff said:
Griff has those in his backyard :shock:

Griff shares his breakfast with bears, so they'll keep the moose from eatin his garden!
When Cappy goes in the woods, the bears put their food in the trees :shock:

Well back when I was more interested in guns read a few articles on the .35 Whelan and seemed a fairly impressive round. Col. Whelan was apparently a purty smart feller.

bigwheel

deputynrc said:
bigwheel said:
Poor Yogi. Now why would anybody want a .35 Whelan? Enquiring minds need to know this stuff:)

bigwheel

I read an article the other day that said "99.5% of my gun purchases are JUST BECAUSE and the other .5% were ON SALE" My .35 Whelen fell into the JUST BECAUSE percentile & I get a kick out of it when someone ask me "What ya shootin". I like the reaction when I tell them. It just a 30-06 necked up the .358 cal but pretty uncommon around here. Good for anything on this continent any way!!

BTW, I knew the Yogi, Boo Boo & Smokey comments were coming, but they were all males and this was a she bear. Oh yeah, cooked a large bear roast in the crockpot and it was goood!! Going to Smoke one next!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom