Here's a new one...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
I bought some parts for my cooler off e-bay about an hour ago and used my paypal to pay for it..I just got this scam in my email..

Hey pal. Do you know, that your webpage paypalll.comprovides a phishing attack?
Open attached file for a proof
hmmmm it's quite nice, but I think that cops would be interested in it.

So my friend. take the page away and put a Appologize on it.
Or the Police will hear from me.
Cya my friend

Attatched was a whois.exe file...

DATsBBQ said:
What's a "phishing attack"... a rabid trout?
Dave

The act of sending an e-mail to a user falsely claiming to be an established legitimate enterprise in an attempt to scam the user into surrendering private information that will be used for identity theft. The e-mail directs the user to visit a Web site where they are asked to update personal information, such as passwords and credit card, social security, and bank account numbers, that the legitimate organization already has. The Web site, however, is bogus and set up only to steal the user's information. For example, 2003 saw the proliferation of a phishing scam in which users received e-mails supposedly from eBay claiming that the user's account was about to be suspended unless he clicked on the provided link and updated the credit card information that the genuine eBay already had. Because it is relatively simple to make a Web site look like a legitimate organizations site by mimicking the HTML code, the scam counted on people being tricked into thinking they were actually being contacted by eBay and were subsequently going to eBay's site to update their account information. By spamming large groups of people, the phishers counted on the e-mail being read by a percentage of people who actually had listed credit card numbers with eBay legitimately.
Hope that helps

Suckers! You've got to be more trusting of your fellow man! Just a few days ago, some nice fellow from Nigeria emailed me and told me if i
helped deposit some cash (millions) in my checking account, I could keep
a large percentage of it!

Well needless to say, I jumped on that opportunity! I sent him my
account information and any day now I will be worth millions!

But I'l lremember all you little people when I'm rich.

I promise.

:!:

Captain Morgan said:
Suckers! You've got to be more trusting of your fellow man! Just a few days ago, some nice fellow from Nigeria emailed me and told me if i
helped deposit some cash (millions) in my checking account, I could keep
a large percentage of it!

Well needless to say, I jumped on that opportunity! I sent him my
account information and any day now I will be worth millions!

But I'l lremember all you little people when I'm rich.

I promise.:!:

man yo to cappy he told me the same thing

that guy must realllly be loaded :eek:

Back
Top Bottom