Here we go again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick Prochilo

Chef Extraordinaire
Yup, time to get the knee scoped out AGAIN Friday! God, I hate anesthesia, makes me sick as a dog for a day or two. Wish me luck kids!

Can you go ahead and send me the check for the cater gig?

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

It'll be fine, Nick, it's just a knee!
Larry doesn't even have one and he's still smoking!

If you die...........................................
......... Do I get your daughter? 8-[

Nick Prochilo said:
Yup, time to get the knee scoped out AGAIN Friday! God, I hate anesthesia, makes me sick as a dog for a day or two. Wish me luck kids!

Fun aint it , I am headed that way in a year or so, I wish ya luck for sure. I am headin for TRMC in Ornageburg SC for eye surgery Tuesday morning probably wont be online for a few days .

WalterSC said:
Nick Prochilo said:

Fun aint it , I am headed that way in a year or so, I wish ya luck for sure. I am headin for TRMC in Ornageburg SC for eye surgery Tuesday morning probably wont be online for a few days .
Damn! Another Jr gets poked in da eye and this time, it's WAY BEFORE SOTB... 8-[ Good Luck Walter

Damn! Another Jr gets poked in da eye and this time, it's WAY BEFORE SOTB... 8-[ Good Luck Walter[/quote]

LOL am gonna have some dang neat sun glasses come then . But hey I get 3 days off from work so it works out!!

WalterSC said:
Nick Prochilo said:

Why I drove through Orangeburg, and St George, and Blackville, and Aiken on my way from Charleston to Atlanta one fine morning. It was a beautiful drive as I remember it. I believe it was US 78? Funny, I was on that route last week in Atlanta. Ponce de Leon Blvd , they call it.

Why I drove through Orangeburg, and St George, and Blackville, and Aiken on my way from Charleston to Atlanta one fine morning. It was a beautiful drive as I remember it. I believe it was US 78? Funny, I was on that route last week in Atlanta. Ponce de Leon Blvd , they call it.[/quote]

Then you came thru my home town of Denmark SC , I live opn Carolina Hwy not far from the interesction of Hwy 78 . Hope you liked the drive its some nice country side.

It was one of those July mornings where it is so humid that you cannot keep your windshield clear! I remember the day before was 105 degrees! I started out from Charleston in the dark and watched the sun come up. I love those kind of days "on the road!"

Good luck Nick I know what yer going through. I have had two of these done so far and the doc says I am a good candidate for the full replacement. Cripes and I am 45. #-o

I wish you both the best with your medical problems!

BTW, I got married in Bamberg, SC. Used to go to Bamberg, Orangeburg, Blackwell, and all up in there all the time with my ex!

Green Hornet said:
Good luck Nick I know what yer going through. I have had two of these done so far and the doc says I am a good candidate for the full replacement. Cripes and I am 45. #-o

Well I'm still here! Everything went well. GH, this is the second time I had this done also. My father just had both knees replaced 3 years ago, but I'm too young for that. This is the first time out of all of my surgeries that I didn't get sick from the anesthesia, I'm eating like nothing happened. My wife is taking me to the supermarket in a little while so that I can pick up a couple of shoulders to cook for Super Bowl. Thanks for all the well wishes and good luck next week Walter with your procedure.

Bob T said:
Hope both of you make out OK. I've never had to go under for an op yet. I did have 2 back issues since September that I had several morphine shots each time. If being put under makes me as sick as morphine....
Soon as I got home from the ER both times, went right for the trash can in the garage lol.
Again, goodluck to both of you! [-o<

Thanks I have now been told that I should be going home the same day , just wont be going back to work for a few days. Something about not straining the eyes giving me time to adjust to the new lenses they are going to be putting in. First they do the right eye then in 2 months they do the left eye. I told them it had to be after Smoke on the Beach , LOL.

Sounds like things went ok! I never got sick from the anesthesia, they had to give me exrta to knock me out both times. Counting back from 100 I got past 90 and the guy laffed and juiced me up some more. Took me longer to come out of it though. I was not able to get out until 10 days after the procedure was done.

I feel for you. I had 3 scopes done before I turned 33. 2 on the left knee (partial ACL tear, cartilage frag) and 1 on the right (removal of 1/2 my medial meniscus). I never had time to notice if I got sick from the anesthesia. Doc gave me a big ol' shot of dimmerol in the recovery and had me on 2 mepergam every 3 hours. It was hard to remember my name...

Good luck!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom