Help with Telemarketers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Ok, I have a Telemarketer "Homeowner Credit Repair Services" or something like that. They continue to call and call and I've asked them not to call and told them I am on the "Do not call list", but they continue to call. It's the same guy and he thinks it's funny and continues to call. The problem is, their number does not show up on my caller id, it only show a 3 digit number like (212, 341, 232, etc.). Does anyone have any ideas how I can track these people down?? This has become harrassment and I want to find out who this is.

Just got off the phone with Verizon Wireless and they said there is nothing they can do. Nice!

The next time they call, tell them that you are recording the phone call for your lawyer and then tell them not to call back.

We had a company pestering us constantly. I did the above and the calls stopped immediately.

Have them come over and keep coming over and keep coming over with no sale. Laugh as they walk out.

Puff, quit calling Larry. :roll:

My question would be..if you know it's them calling by the caller ID, why the #*%^ are you answering the phone. They'll eventually get tired of calling and getting no answer and quit.

Just answer the phone and ask them to please hold a moment
and go set the phone by the TV with it on some kids channel or
the church TV channel

Last resort... the old police man's whistle blown directly into the
phone usually ALWAYS works! :shock:

Act like a homosexual(just be yourself), and try hitting on the guy. Hopefully the guy won't be like Puff and will hang up.

keep track of all calls they make.

if you have a recorder, hook it up to the phone and get it on tape that you have asked them not to call, and ask probing questions as to who they are and where they are located..

then call your local district attorneys office.... with the above details

Not sure the status of the Do Not Call List, but it used to be the case that if they called you after you told them not to call, you could sue them, and get $700 everytime they called.... about 5 yyears ago, a guy got $28,000 by suing a bunch of companies..

hopefully this piece of legislation is still in place..

Larry You wasn't Payin attention Boy! Go buy on of them little air horn cans Like they use at stadiums. Tell the guy hang on while you get your wallet Then blast him. He aint gonna call back. :twisted:
I did a video of this a looooong time ago I'll make a new 1 just for you

Bobberqer said:

if you have a recorder, hook it up to the phone and get it on tape that you have asked them not to call, and ask probing questions as to who they are and where they are located..

Not sure the status of the Do Not Call List, but it used to be the case that if they called you after you told them not to call, you could sue them, and get $700 everytime they called.... about 5 yyears ago, a guy got $28,000 by suing a bunch of companies..

Thank you Bob!

Larry,

if you do a google search you will find that company could care less about the fines. They continue to defy the do not call list and so far they haven't paid. what I did was ask for their number so I could call them back...they stopped calling. You can check them out on ripoffreport.com if it is back up and working. the airhorn is probably the best. they dont care about government threats since they know its a useless shot....the gov't has better things to do...like banning trans fats :roll:

Larry Wolfe said:
Bobberqer said:

Thank you Bob!

Ahhhh you don't care about a way to make them stop calling...
you are looking for a way to cause them grief FOR calling you.

Them people are just hawking their wares, just like you selling your
Howling good Wolfe Rub. I clearly know you don't call people and
annoy them by phone trying to market your product but each
industry has it's own tactics and avenues. I personally HATE them
sumbitches.

I don't get a lot of calls like that, but then again my information isn't
exposed to everyone and everyplace like yours is running a small
business.

Just like Cflatt said.....the fines mean NOTHING to them people
......what is valuable to them is time. Start wasting enough of their time
by putting them on hold or just talking with them getting their hopes
up, or talking about how the cat puked on your bed last night
and they will leave you alone quick enough. Time is money my
friend, and we know we ALL like money.

Smokey_Joe said:
Ahhhh you don't care about a way to make them stop calling...
you are looking for a way to cause them grief FOR calling you.

Them people are just hawking their wares, just like you selling your
Howling good Wolfe Rub. I clearly know you don't call people and
annoy them by phone trying to market your product but each
industry has it's own tactics and avenues. I personally HATE them
sumbitches.

I don't get a lot of calls like that, but then again my information isn't
exposed to everyone and everyplace like yours is running a small
business.

Well yes I would like to cause them grief if I could.

Comparing what I am doing to what they are doing is not even close though. My phone numbers are on the Do Not Call list, which should obviously be called "Does not work" list because it is not preventing these people from calling me. I have asked them to stop calling me, but they literally laugh on the phone and continue to call. I'm hawking a legitimate product on a BBQ Forum where such can be expected on some forums that allow it. They are randomly calling people that do not want them to call them and continue to do so even after they have been requested to stop. So what they are doing isn't even comparable to my "Hawking" about www.wolferub.com, the site for Wolfe Rub BBQ Seasonings, LLC that carries a full line of Primo Grills and Smokers, Primo Accessories, Cookshack and Fast Eddy Smokers, Tel Tru Thermometers, BBQR's Delight Pellets, Maverick ET-73 Remote Smoker Thermometers and Reverend Marvins Gourmet BBQ Sauces. See the difference!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom