Help with Telemarketers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Relax Larry. Just do the ole switch, start talking about religion or the NRA. Or pitch them to buy Wolfe Rub! :LOL:

As Smokey Joe says, "Yawn"! Get some new jokes Chris, yours are stale! :LOL:

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":copwuxfs]Relax Larry. Just do the ole switch, start talking about religion or the NRA. Or pitch them to buy Wolfe Rub! :LOL:

As Smokey Joe says, "Yawn"! Get some new jokes Chris, yours are stale! :LOL:[/quote:copwuxfs]
Sorry bud, back on my meds. :LOL:
Bucket head! ;)

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":2vsgzm1j][quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":2vsgzm1j]Relax Larry. Just do the ole switch, start talking about religion or the NRA. Or pitch them to buy Wolfe Rub! :LOL:

As Smokey Joe says, "Yawn"! Get some new jokes Chris, yours are stale! :LOL:[/quote:2vsgzm1j]
Sorry bud, back on my meds. :LOL:
Bucket head! ;)[/quote:2vsgzm1j]

No it's turned into a "Buckethead/Wolfe Rub Bashfest"?? Go refill your propane tank and cook some "Traditional BBQ"! Since you don't use thermometers................you know what you can do with the probe! :LOL: Thanks for the help you DONKEY!

007bond-jb said:
I'm tellin ya Boy git a horn

Well seeing as this a-hole calls on my way home everyday, I think I would do more damage to my ears than his in the cab of my truck. :roll:

Hope this is some new information to you that you haven't already
been told or tried.

Cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies
and you will start to receive sales calls. You may be charged for
these calls depending on your calling plan.

Call this number from your cell phone 888-382-1222 or register
on-line at www.donotcall.gov. Best results from registering online.

It is the national DO NOT CALL list. It only takes a minute of
your time.

It blocks your number for 5 years.

Smokey_Joe said:
Hope this is some new information to you that you haven't already
been told or tried.

Cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies
and you will start to receive sales calls. You may be charged for
these calls depending on your calling plan.

Call this number from your cell phone 888-382-1222 or register
on-line at www.donotcall.gov. Best results from registering online.

It is the national DO NOT CALL list. It only takes a minute of
your time.

SJ this organization doesnt care about that list. If you get a knucklehead that stays on long enough they will even tell you this. What they don't do is give you their name or call back #. As soon as you ask they hang up. Larry what you may be able to do is file a complaint with your phone carrier. Other than that file an online complaint with the FCC. I did and the calls stopped. Perhaps they were just tired of me asking for a name and number. When you mention donotcall.gov they will only laugh.

It blocks your number for 5 years.

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="007bond-jb":15pclv60]I'm tellin ya Boy git a horn

Well seeing as this a-hole calls on my way home everyday, I think I would do more damage to my ears than his in the cab of my truck. :roll:[/quote:15pclv60]
Fine I'll quit calling......jeez :roll:

Burnt Food Dude said:
Larry, you, or someone in your house, used your phone to called a number to download some free ring tones. Maybe, you recently requested a loan and gave your phone number.

Even if you are on the do not call list, if you give your number to some companies, they have the right to pass it on to companies with similar interests. Cell phones are notorious for this scam. Ever see free cell phone ring tones ads? How about the new one about getting the free lap top? It is implied that you want their phone advertisements or solicitation if you call them.

Cell phone companies claim there is nothing they can do. I suggest changing your phone number or as was suggested earlier, start recording the calls and your requests to stop. Get a lawyer and sue them.

If you listen to their spiel long enough you'll get a traceable phone number or address.

That reminds me... someone posted something about picture hosting sites getting your phone number and then you start getting these calls. Did you put your number on any picture hosting sites?

cflatt said:
Larry,

if you do a google search you will find that company could care less about the fines. They continue to defy the do not call list and so far they haven't paid. what I did was ask for their number so I could call them back...they stopped calling. You can check them out on ripoffreport.com if it is back up and working. the airhorn is probably the best. they dont care about government threats since they know its a useless shot....the gov't has better things to do...like banning trans fats :roll:

The Feds are looking for the owner of the RipOff report.com He puts companies on the list then contacts them asking for a payment to take the company off the list. Just send him $20K and your off the list. Great reference!

Jim

jminion said:
cflatt said:
Larry,

if you do a google search you will find that company could care less about the fines. They continue to defy the do not call list and so far they haven't paid. what I did was ask for their number so I could call them back...they stopped calling. You can check them out on ripoffreport.com if it is back up and working. the airhorn is probably the best. they dont care about government threats since they know its a useless shot....the gov't has better things to do...like banning trans fats :roll:

The Feds are looking for the owner of the RipOff report.com He puts companies on the list then contacts them asking for a payment to take the company off the list. Just send him $20K and your off the list. Great reference!

Jim

Guess they found him. its been offline for a while now. too bad they wont deal with those guys in FL thats calling everyone

Back
Top Bottom