Help with photo posting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

big dude

Sous Chef
In the welcomes I got when I recenty joined the forum, most said send pictures. I've been trying and while I got some advice, I can't get there from here. I have set up a photo bucket account and can get my pictures into an albim there but I am unable to get an image or a click-on-able address to show up on my posting. I would appreciate if one of you picture pros would step me through it with instructions that assume I just turned on my computer for the first time - which is not far from true. Thanks so much for the help. Big Dude -lost in cyberspace

big dude said:
In the welcomes I got when I recenty joined the forum, most said send pictures. I've been trying and while I got some advice, I can't get there from here. I have set up a photo bucket account and can get my pictures into an albim there but I am unable to get an image or a click-on-able address to show up on my posting. I would appreciate if one of you picture pros would step me through it with instructions that assume I just turned on my computer for the first time - which is not far from true. Thanks so much for the help. Big Dude -lost in cyberspace

Go to your photbucket account and copy the "IMG" tag underneath the pic, then paste it into a post here. It's that easy!

Ok BD Log in to Photo Bucket click on the check box of the photos you want to post, Then scroll down to the bottom of the page & click
"Generate HTML And Imaging code"
A new window will open, double click the code box named:
IMG clickable thumbnails for message boards - recommended

It will then highlite the box... Now right click the highlited box & select Copy, Close Photo bucket & log in to BBQ Central, start a new topic & & in the reply box right click & select paste You will see something like this:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/007bond-jb/th_S5031165.jpg[/IMG
[URL=http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/007bond-jb/S5031166.jpg][IMG]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/007bond-jb/th_S5031166.jpg[/IMG

The above is code for 2 images, part of the code is removed so the images would not show.
When you post your topic the thumbnails photos will be there.
DON'T post full sized Images by clicking this:
IMG images for message boards

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="big dude":nt45rk5y]In the welcomes I got when I recenty joined the forum, most said send pictures. I've been trying and while I got some advice, I can't get there from here. I have set up a photo bucket account and can get my pictures into an albim there but I am unable to get an image or a click-on-able address to show up on my posting. I would appreciate if one of you picture pros would step me through it with instructions that assume I just turned on my computer for the first time - which is not far from true. Thanks so much for the help. Big Dude -lost in cyberspace

Go to your photbucket account and copy the "IMG" tag underneath the pic, then paste it into a post here. It's that easy![/quote:nt45rk5y]

NO That will post a full size image. Pay attention Larry

Please feel free to hit the "how to" screencasts link above...there is a tutorial on there for posting images...using all you can upload.

img_144133_0_6f913b1e5d022e7d632ae4f29a87bfe3.jpg

I tried and got this and when I previewed I saw the picture, so I'll send and see what happens - sorry but all I had was garden pictues to practice with - I'll have some bbq ones Sunday

Captain Morgan said:
should be smaller, use a differnt link, they'll give you several
choices.

I prefer www.allyoucanupload.com it's dang simple, and all
you have to do is choose the second link from the top and
it'll work fine on this forum.
and besides....Cappy invented it..one thing you need to know Big Dude...is Cappy invents all the is worthwhile...
You'll get the hang of the pic thing in no time.

In Photobucket
if you check the box next to the picture you want to post...
then scroll to the bottom of that page and click the
"Generate HTML & IMG Code"...
it will then open a new page and then select, copy & paste
the text from the window that says "IMG clickable thumbnails
for message boards - recommended "

You growing any of that funny looking stuff in that there garden?
There's a DEA chopped that sits off to the side of mine every once in a while. Hovers for 10 minutes while I shoot em the bird, then leaves.

Back
Top Bottom