Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Green Hornet said:
[quote="The Joker":3s9eaw62][quote="Green Hornet":3s9eaw62][quote="Nick Prochilo":3s9eaw62]But the profits come here, which is what fuels our economy!
Yes...but the intrest payments are fueling the economy here too!

If it were me I would sell the darn thing... once the lil bits start to go..the big ones won't be too far behind! :grin:[/quote:3s9eaw62]
:lmao: But I think it's his new truck! :lmao:[/quote:3s9eaw62]
Glad ya saw the humor in that....bet Larry won't :eek:[/quote:3s9eaw62]
Good point #3 :hide:

just my 2 cents..I've got a Toyota pick up and I love it. Had a Chevy S-10 and two Jeeps. This country exists on free markets and the people's
ability to choose what they want. Detroit has gotten their ass kicked for years, putting out shoddy products and charging twice what they are worth because of union labor getting 35 bucks an hour to watch a machine
put a car together.

Foreign car owners pay more for their vehicle because of import taxes
and fees. To me it's worth it because I can't afford to pay for repairs
before the dang payments are even half way paid. I will gladly support
an American auto maker who can at least provide the minimum of what I need...dependable transportation at a fair price.

This has been going on for years. Detroit needs to get a clue. America
has chosen, and the answer is a superior product.

As an automotive designer, I can tell you that your (Larry's) problem started when Toyota started when they started letting design work be done in the USA. :eek: People like me (but dumber) are doing it.

And Nick... all the profits from the US automakers goes to the top 5% (if that) of their employees, so that boat don't float.

Captain Morgan said:
just my 2 cents..I've got a Toyota pick up and I love it. Had a Chevy S-10 and two Jeeps. This country exists on free markets and the people's
ability to choose what they want. Detroit has gotten their ass kicked for years, putting out shoddy products and charging twice what they are worth because of union labor getting 35 bucks an hour to watch a machine
put a car together.

Foreign car owners pay more for their vehicle because of import taxes
and fees. To me it's worth it because I can't afford to pay for repairs
before the dang payments are even half way paid. I will gladly support
an American auto maker who can at least provide the minimum of what I need...dependable transportation at a fair price.

This has been going on for years. Detroit needs to get a clue. America
has chosen, and the answer is a superior product.
Can you do me and all the unemployed auto worker's in the metro Detroit area...... call them about the idea you have, maybe then the state of Michigan will get the clue!
Tell them you invented it too :!:
This state has no f-in clue! I digress, they do now but it's too late :-X

Puff said:
Can you do me and all the unemployed auto worker's in the metro Detroit area...... call them about the idea you have, maybe then the state of Michigan will get the clue!

I don't think Cappy rolls like that Puffy. I didn't think you did either! :eek: 8-[

Yep. Too many models of a similar nature across many different divisions. i.e. Camaro/Firebird, sunbird/monza, and a few other models which escape me at this point. All they do is slap a differnet set a tailights and a different grill and it's another model...probably on they don't need. GM has no one to blame but themselves. Union has some blame but brunt is blamed on terrible management and even worse decision making. Honda and Toyota are grerat products that last a long time. Yeah, you are going to pay for them but you at least have confidence on getting 175,000 with relative ease on both these cars. Most American cars the owners begin to bite their nails around 80,000 waiting for some aspect of the drivetrain to fail. Bottom line...quality wins hands down and American Manufs. are playing catch up in a game I don't think they can win because exec. are only worried about their portfolios, stock options, and golden parachutes. Do it right and everything else will take care of itself.

Larry Wolfe said:
Puff said:

I don't think Cappy rolls like that Puffy. I didn't think you did either! :eek: 8-[
I'm not sure what you meant brother Larry.
When the auto guy's lose their jobs, my trade gets hit 10 fold!
I don't see a rebound anytime soon.

Larry Wolfe said:
Puff said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":2wkbyny2]
Puff said:
Can you do me and all the unemployed auto worker's in the metro Detroit area.

I'm not sure what you meant brother Larry.
When the auto guy's lose their jobs, my trade gets hit 10 fold!
I don't see a rebound anytime soon.

Read it again, sloooooooooowly lil' Puffy. Then you will get it. You dummy! 8-[[/quote:2wkbyny2]
#-o #-o #-o :lmao:
Put "a favor " at the end, sorry Cap #-o :lmao:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom