HEB $2.99 / lb Gulf of Mexico Shrimp Boil

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
Scored some fresh shrimp for a good price and boiled them up. 5LBS worth. Also made a diabete sauce for me. Used Heinz " No sugar added" Ketchup & Louisiana Gold Horse Radish Pepper sauce... Man it was good.

<object width="800" height="450"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kp0MGeokSI8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kp0MGeokSI8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="800" height="450"></embed></object>
SANY0061.JPG

SANY0062.JPG

SANY0065.JPG

SANY0067.JPG

SANY0069.JPG

SANY0070.JPG

SANY0074.JPG

Man I love shrimp, and yours looks wonderful ... $2.99 a lb, won't even pay the tax for shrimp in Ohio ... I gotta move to the coast ... and I don't mean the North Coast Greg :D

Sapo, growing up on the NC coast head on shrimp was the norm......I would KILL for good fresh head on shrimp right now! IT DOES MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE and they taste so so so so much better!!!

Nice shrimp boil Bud!

SS the shrimp do look good. Sometime try pinching the heads off first, boil the tails and deep fat fry the heads. They are really crunchy good deep fat fried. You eat the whole thing. Scotty has a point about the pipes. But hey, why take a chance, I guess.

Super deal on the critters Boy!

Time for a shrimp stew, cold as what it is outside

ScottyDaQ said:
Skrimps look awesome!

Uhh... You really wrapped your pipes at 34 degrees? :roll: :LOL: :LOL: It's not like it's 20 below!

It got down to 27 degrees for several hours so I am glad I did. I hate broken water pipes period.. Thanks for the heads up.... :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom