Health food and bbq?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boozer

Sous Chef
So yesterday, a gal stops by the bbq bus, and she has some questions about the menu. This is verbatim to the best of my recollection. ..
Lady: "So, is this all you guys have is just sandwiches?"
Me: we also have mac&cheese, bison chili, and spare ribs today.
Lady: well I don't eat bread.
Me: no problem, I can give you just the meat and I will knock off 50 cents for the bun, people order it that way all the time.
Lady: your chicken, that's chicken breast right?
Me: no ma'am, it's pulled chicken, we barbecue whole birds, so you get white and dark meat together.
Lady: well, that's stupid. How many calories is in that? You don't have salads?
Me: I have no idea, there's a Subway next door.
Lady: I don't go in there, it's always full of black people. (There was a black couple in line right behind her, they made lots of fun of her after she left.) thanks for wasting my time, I heard good things about this place, but it's obvious that you don't care enough to offer any healthy options on your menu. You're going to lose a lot of customers. .
Me: sorry we couldn't help you, thanks for stopping by, you enjoy the rest of your day now! (Lolololol)

Last edited:
Seems to me, if you would add a lettuce wrapped vagina to your menu.
You would have got a new customer for life.....;)

I have to say people like that are the reason I retired from retail earlier than I really wanted to. "It's BBQ lady if you want healthy go to the freakin' health food restaurant."

Lol I haven't been doing this long enough to get too irritated! It was a beautiful busy day in the neighborhood, and there was a bunch of people heard her little tirade. I could see them rolling their eyes and chuckling to themselves, then she made the "black people" comment, jaws dropped, and everyone laughed at her as she stormed off. I wonder how smoked tofu tastes?

Actually tofu takes the taste of whatever it is cooked in. But I have to say, this woman was her own kind of stupid. It's like going to Chicago and saying your don't like Irish.

Oh yeah..bet it was all beef or chicken or something. Pork to muslims is similar to Kryptonite for the superman family. Are you sure thats who it really was? Those folks all look alike to some people.

BBQ sure IS health food.

You take a tough and fatty piece of junk meat and render all of the fat out of it, and you get heavenly, healthy food. Don't know 'bout them vaginterryians, or them muzzies, but I was born with a full set of teeth and mine were made for biting, tearing and grinding almost all foods, specifically healthy MEATS.

^100% agree! We had another one today, but this lady was nice, she says "this is gonna sound weird, but how much for a big bowl of Cole slaw with a few chunks of chicken on it?" My wife was running the register, and she tells the chick $5! Lol I would have said $2.50! The slaw and the chicken are the cheapest and easiest things to make. Guess that why she's the one with a business degree, and I'm just the cook!

Learned from dong a bit a vending around here..its got to be expensive or the yups won't buy it. We was charging 3 bucks for a sliced sandwich and wasnt selling many..so we bumped it to five bucks and they went on a feeding frenzy. Smart wifey you got there.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom