Heading to Dallas...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
Im heading to Dallas next week with my brother to help him at a Fire trade show. We originally were going to meet my buddy on mon, tues and wed and hang out with him before we have to be at the show thurs but he got called out of town for work. So we have three days with no plans in Texas. We will be flying into Dallas around noon on monday and need to be back in Dallas thursday around noon. Anyone have any ideas. We are up for anything, from fishing suggestions to touristy stuff...Anyone ? we will have a rental car.

about 1/2 of the Texas BBQ Forum lives within a few mile of where you are going to be.. Do you know any of them?

Well there aiint nothing worth seeing in Dallas that I can recall. All I ever seen over there is heavy traffic..muggers and stuff like that. Its sorta like Little Rock in that all the normal folks go home to the burbs about 5 o clock leaving the crack and meth heads to run amock. Pack your shootin iron. Drive over to Foat Wuth in the rent car and visit the Stockyards. Always a lot of cute fat wimmen at Billy Bob's who like to dance. Sometimes they sweat a lot. Angelo's has cold beer and passable bbq from whut I heard. Never been there personally. Its on White Settlement Rd. I think. Coupla of decent Mexican Food places which would be Cantina Laredo and Uncle Julios both in Grapevine (Actually there is another branch of Uncle Julios in Foat Wuth on the West Frwy aka I-30). Get the chicken enchiladas with sour cream sauce. They really mess up on the other varieties. Dont order any Fajitas. Hope this helps.

bigwheel

Nobody needs to go nosing around the grassy knoll. Thats a secret spot. I think the school book building is next to London Bridge in Arizona or somewhere like that.

bigwheel

Well, so far our plans include the grassy knoll/book depository...apparently there's a big museum there, and we will also visit NASA...Do you think they will have free beer in either of those places ?

JamesB said:
john pen said:
Well, so far our plans include the grassy knoll/book depository...apparently there's a big museum there, and we will also visit NASA...Do you think they will have free beer in either of those places ?

Ya do know that NASA ain't local to Dallas right?:LOL: Going to drive to Houston are ya?

Yep, Gonna head down there Monday and Tuesday...Thinking about Galvaston also. Then back up to Dallas / Fortwurth on Wed. I hear there is free BIG beers in Texas !!!

Well, It looks like we've added Galveston as a major stopover. Looks like lots going on there..."

Galviston, oh galveston, I can hear your sea winds blowing....."

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oIUPCfIihQ4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oIUPCfIihQ4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Nick Prochilo said:
My b-i-l sent me a bottle of Northmainbbq rub. It's pretty good stuff! We ate there while we were there and it was good!

Owner Hubert Green started out at a little tiny shack across from a factory... business got so good, he bought the building he is in now, which was an old chuch.... he is also an old road dog.. was on the road for years, did The Best of The West in Reno for years, Was a big time Ribber,and has also been featured in the Wall Street Journal... I've never met him, but talked to him once.. Cool Character

Uncle Bubba said:
Go check out the new stadium in Arlington...you can see it for miles.

Why would anyone want to go to a stadium you can't even punt a ball in? Much less were the Cowgirls play?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom