Head Suckin' w/all the pic's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
I belong to an organization called the "Virginia Float Fishermen", we basically have get togethers throughout Virginia several times a year and do alot of canoing, fishing and drinking. Well this weekend was our 17th Annual "Headsuckin" event. 450lbs of crawfish are flown in FedEx from Louisiana and are made into crawfish boils along with lots of spices, potatoes, onions, celery, lemons and corn. There's also Blue Grass bands and plenty of beer. The actual event isn't until Saturday afternoon but we always camp out Friday night as well. We had a blast as usual, but it just got too dang cold at night!! Brrrr

R-5 Rappahannock River Cook Site Your's Truly Fri Night Dinner Almost Done Done I'm cold Daddy Let's get closer to the fire Cheese Having fun Maple Fatties Waiting for fatties Almost done Slice Fatties Chillin' Awww! Purging Crawfish Veggies Big Pots Almost boiling The Band The Beer More Spice Veggies Stirring Mud Bugs More Mud Bugs Even more... Now we're cookin' The guys Beer Finally ready Dinner

Nice pic's that sounds like a good time. As far as the cold. We have had frost 2 out of 3 of the last mornings.

Captain Morgan said:
where's the rest of the pics???? I want to see the mud bugs!!!

I accidently hit the submit button in the middle of uploading the pic's! They're all there now!!

now that's what I call fun! Wish they had something like that down here.
I like the look on the little girls face when they're adding the mud bugs!
"Daddy, do we have any pizza?!?"

I lived in Southern Louisiana in the mid 70's, that sure brings back some
Good memories :grin:
Thanks for the pics Larry =D>

I'm paying this morning with some of the worst heartburn you could imagine!! Wooofffaa :-(

No wonder I had trouble uploading to ImageShack this morning! :eek: :eek: :eek: Looks like a good time! :(

Larry,

Yuo guys put any Andouille Sausage in your boil, or garlic heads? If you think Andouille is spicey before a boil, you have to try it after it's been soaking up those spices, OooooWeeee!

brian j said:
looks like a great time there larry. where in va was your get together? it's a great day here in bluemont.

Remington, Virginina, Brian. It's near Culpeper if you're familiar with that area.

ScottyDaQ said:
Bruce B said:
Larry,

Yuo guys put any Andouille Sausage in your boil, or garlic heads? If you think Andouille is spicey before a boil, you have to try it after it's been soaking up those spices, OooooWeeee!

You Wuss. :(

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Bruce B said:
Larry,

No sausage this time Bruce. But a couple of years back the crawfish never showed up and we had to make a mad rush to the local stores to buy what we could. We bought chicken, shrimp, andouille, etc and made a concoction of sort just to make due. This stuff never needs any spice, these fools make it super spicy and it makes for an interesting visit to the port 'o pots the next day. Fortunately I live less than 5 miles away..........

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom