He & She crab seafood file` gumbo New pics added

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

007bond-jb

Master Chef
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l2gQ3EbC-s0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l2gQ3EbC-s0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

img_170761_0_e738532a262680dbbb4a0dc0253c4f98.jpg

img_170761_1_2f3a63fe42ca6199edb7e0a4b5a92f76.jpg

img_170761_2_985b5999be9d59a8dbdd725c3aa91371.jpg

img_170761_3_069392816813dbbcd75fba9a6ee2b8f7.jpg

img_170761_4_42c3160630a9c8c202cc6e3a18b32abd.jpg

The she crab is the one with the tail on it. She keeps the eggs there. We throw those ones back so they can make more crabs for later. You are right about "Cajun Power", that is a badass company with all kinds of good stuff. That roux stuff is ready to use. No cooking anything, just the meat.. The gumbo you have made is awesome. How much of the crabs do you eat JB? We usually just use the bodies and then crack them at the end and eat the meat with all the gumbo roux soaked in it.. Now you made me hungry.. Got to stop at store on wat home tonight. Did you hear about the front that is coming tonight? It might be 50 kts wind.

I can't make myself make a quick gumbo. But that looked great!

On a side note.

When you make a slow gumbo do find that it keeps growing until you have way more than you can eat??? Like left overs for days???

JB called last night and was in the spirits :shock: ….I told him us Yankees make the Roux from scratch :P …I don’t know what self respecting Cajun would be using Roux out the jar and frozen shrimp :? :twisted: :LOL: ;) …..Looks good anyway JB and nice talking to ya….hope you were able to decipher your writings on how I told you to make a gumbo from scratch…. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
See Ron still has that cajun pride :LOL:

ronbeaux50 said:
And I grew up in Texas? 10 years here and 42 there. AND I LOVE an all day gumbo cook!
Why does it take all day RB? Do you catch all the ingredients too? If so, that is awesome man..

Well SS, when you make a gumbo from scratch you have to peel the shrimp if not done ahead of time, then clean the crabs, then cut up the Holy Trinity (onion, bellpepper and celery), then make the roux if you don't have homemade roux in fridge alraeady, then you get to put everything together let it come to a boil and then simmer for a few hours. When you are about 10 minutes or so from being done you ad the shrimp so they don't over cook and get tough. Your right Ron nothing like an all day gumbo, because when it is done you get to enjoy the hard work you put into it.

And not only that. The smell thoughout the house keeps you staggering and tripping over stuff, mumbling, holding your stomach, peeking in the pot, NOT answering the phone, waiting for the last minute to make the rice, and making a complete fool of yourself eating until you can't even stand up!!!!!!!

ronbeaux50 said:
And not only that. The smell thoughout the house keeps you staggering and tripping over stuff, mumbling, holding your stomach, peeking in the pot, NOT answering the phone, waiting for the last minute to make the rice, and making a complete fool of yourself eating until you can't even stand up!!!!!!!

I knew I left an important part out....Thanks Ron!!

Looks good boy. Now I did not have the time to watch the movie but I gather that some is teasing you about ho made roux or a lack thereof so to speak. Hate being redundant all over again but the best Gumbo that I have personally ever ate don't have no roux at all. I guess it one of them fancy smancy Creole versions from Norleans. Now will give you one good flavor and health tip. Throw that country cock in the trash and get you some cow butter. Much mo betta for your health and vastly superior flavor. Now yall welcome to keep them crabs to yourselves. Just never have acquired a flavor for the meat. It too sweet or something. Now I dont mind stuffed crabs. I like the heck outta them thangs. This bizness is too strange huh?

bigwheel

1st it aint roux in a jar Its Gumbo concentrate, Ready made seasoned perfectly just add meat & water, Boiled them crabs 1st in the recomended amount of water & it added a little extra Kick...
SS knows how it taste cause I sent him some.

Its Quick , Easy, & it don't interfere with drinking(most important)...

Except these few SS BCH BW & RB Ye who whine & make cute remarks about it probly don't know how a real Louisiana Gumbe should taste anydammway... Boy :LOL:

Here it is on day 2, now its even better after sittin overnite in the fridge

img_170842_0_a956d214526566ced3a3b4c3f5df53fe.jpg

img_170842_1_85443dd7c2de0b6ae177172530a4fc5c.jpg

img_170842_2_7e17f73e67ac16e71b3fdb1c1508e4ef.jpg

img_170842_3_0cc5a2d537c4ebef308c0799b7f6886c.jpg

img_170842_4_d971d2ad037e9f95dea40361642d3bd1.jpg

img_170842_5_8e8171bcd0b53f38b3b45ed100a696ad.jpg

Now a real cajun done tole me that only elderly large butted cajun ladies who makes a lot of Gumbo knows how to make good roux. He say go over here and buy roux in a jar. I bought a jar but never did get around to using it. Went to go find it just now and got the sad news the warden throwed it away at some time in the distant past. It was several years old..guessing it was aged just about right..sniff sniff.

http://www.savoiesfoods.com/

bigwheel

Gumbo, no matter how ya make it, is always better the next day. It takes me all day to make it, then cool it down, put it in the reefer, and then reheat the next day. It is awesome.

Damar12 said:
Gumbo, no matter how ya make it, is always better the next day. It takes me all day to make it, then cool it down, put it in the reefer, and then reheat the next day. It is awesome.

There has been a few times I cooked a gumbo and snacked on that day and waited till the next day to really dig into it because it taste so much better. C'est si Bon!!

Back
Top Bottom