He & She crab seafood file` gumbo New pics added

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well that mo betta the next day applies to anything with a liquid base..stew soup..beans chili etc. Also learned the hard way the ice box is a great way to defat anything greasy with a liquid base. This escpecially applies to Gumbos where the roux's was made using oleo margarine. Boy that is some nasty stuff when its heated up. Cuz real bad indigestion and hot greasy burps if it aint got itself outta there afore it time to eat. Cottonseed and Canola act the same way cept they aint so easy to remove. Now hawg lard bacon grease or Peanut oil should do the trick.

bigwheel

Damar12 said:
Gumbo, no matter how ya make it, is always better the next day. It takes me all day to make it, then cool it down, put it in the reefer, and then reheat the next day. It is awesome.

Damar12 said:
Gumbo, no matter how ya make it, is always better the next day. It takes me all day to make it, then cool it down, put it in the reefer, and then reheat the next day. It is awesome.
That's the way we usually do it. We don't get crabs up here in the northern part of the state unless we catch someone going down to South LA and pick some up for us.

Tannehill Kid said:
We don't get crabs up here in the northern part of the state unless we catch someone going down to South LA and pick some up for us.

My Son-in-law just bought a house in Bourg,La that the back of the property butts up to the bayou where he can catch crab right in his backyard (Lil' Bastard). I plan on making several trips a year to stock up!!

Back
Top Bottom