Happy Solstice - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > Corporate Administration > General (Non-BBQ) Discussion
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-21-2006, 03:42 PM   #1
Moderator
 
Griff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Posts: 5,564
Happy Solstice

Today is winter solstice. That means the days start getting longer tomorrow. Wooohoooo.

Griff
__________________

__________________
Griff
Friends don't let friends eat farmed fish.

"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would do them harm."
George Orwell
Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 03:43 PM   #2
Moderator
 
wittdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: West Seneca NY
Posts: 9,860
My days are long enogh
Happy Winter
__________________

__________________
Save the gas for the criminals Q with wood...

I get more sauced then my Ribs

My Bark is as good as my Bite!

Swine so fine it's Criminal

Never trust a skinny cook!!!!!!!!
wittdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 04:38 PM   #3
Pope O'Que
 
SteerCrazy's Avatar


 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 2,089
Welcome back Griff
SteerCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 04:45 PM   #4
Official BBQ Central Mark
 
bigwheel's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Foat Wuth
Posts: 9,951
Bet all the witches is having a holiday. They love them solstice and equinox thangs. It makes em want to get nekked and do wild stuff for some reason. Which for good looking witches might be ok. Hopefully the fat ugly witches will choose not to participate.

bigwheel
bigwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 04:58 PM   #5
Moderator
 
Griff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Posts: 5,564
Thanks steer.

wheel, no one is getting naked here. It's been snowing for 2 days.

Griff
__________________
Griff
Friends don't let friends eat farmed fish.

"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would do them harm."
George Orwell
Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 05:41 PM   #6
Official BBQ Central Mark
 
Puff's Avatar


 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Warren, Mi.
Posts: 12,331
Happy winter to you too Griff.
And welcome back
__________________
Pitboss/ Sous Chef/ Manager at Holiday Market Smokehouse
Royal Oak Mi.
Puff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 07:12 PM   #7
Wizard of Que
 
DATsBBQ's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Galveston TX
Posts: 1,763
BW wrote:
Quote:
Bet all the witches is having a holiday. They love them solstice and equinox thangs. It makes em want to get nekked and do wild stuff for some reason. Which for good looking witches might be ok. Hopefully the fat ugly witches will choose not to participate.

bigwheel
To set the record straight, the Solstice was the original Yule Celebration. Back in day when the folks worried that the sun was going away (BTW, the xmas trees are a testiment to pagan rituals of yore), anyway, I digress. The Solstice markes a new beginning. Days getting longer, nights getting shorter, and the world was anew.

I've seen witches dancing naked on the Summer Solstice but can't say I've seen 'em dance on the Winter Soltice. Might have something to do with the ambient temperature

Any way, I could go further on this subject but it wouldn't be fitting in this forum.
DATsBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 07:43 PM   #8
Official BBQ Central Mark
 
Puff's Avatar


 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Warren, Mi.
Posts: 12,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by DATsBBQ
BW wrote:
Quote:
Bet all the witches is having a holiday. They love them solstice and equinox thangs. It makes em want to get nekked and do wild stuff for some reason. Which for good looking witches might be ok. Hopefully the fat ugly witches will choose not to participate.

bigwheel
To set the record straight, the Solstice was the original Yule Celebration. Back in day when the folks worried that the sun was going away (BTW, the xmas trees are a testiment to pagan rituals of yore), anyway, I digress. The Solstice markes a new beginning. Days getting longer, nights getting shorter, and the world was anew.

I've seen witches dancing naked on the Summer Solstice but can't say I've seen 'em dance on the Winter Soltice. Might have something to do with the ambient temperature

Any way, I could go further on this subject but it wouldn't be fitting in this forum.
Can't you just say ........."Happy Winter".......both of you
__________________
Pitboss/ Sous Chef/ Manager at Holiday Market Smokehouse
Royal Oak Mi.
Puff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 08:15 PM   #9
Official BBQ Central Mark
 
bigwheel's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Foat Wuth
Posts: 9,951
Ok yall talked me into it..Merry Christimas to all.

bigwheel
bigwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 08:21 PM   #10
Official BBQ Central Mark
 
Puff's Avatar


 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Warren, Mi.
Posts: 12,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheel
Ok yall talked me into it..Merry Christimas to all.

bigwheel
And to all a good night!
__________________

__________________
Pitboss/ Sous Chef/ Manager at Holiday Market Smokehouse
Royal Oak Mi.
Puff is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

« Too much Q? | DSL! »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.