happy solstice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Griff

Master Chef
Today is winter solstice and the days start getting longer tomorrow -- Woohoo. Plus, did any one else see the lunar eclipse last night?

Happy Solstice to you "Oh The Inventor of the Worlds Best Meatloaf," it is nice to know we'll be getting more daylight soon. A little too much cloud cover in central Ohio for the eclipse, and past my bedtime 1:30 AM - 3:30 AM. Saw it on the news ... Pretty cool!

Happy Soltice Griff et al. 12 year old grand daughter got up to watch it. She claimed the moon turned red and the yard turned orange. She thought she was under attack by space aliens. I think it is an Omen of good things to come.

bigwheel

lol at Helen. Friend of mine woke up his 4 kids to go out and watch it.
29 degrees is cold for Myrtle Beach folk, but they enjoyed it and I think
it will be a good memory for them.

Hey did it go through those color changes? I have seen several lunar eclipses and did not notice a light show. I am trying to figger out if the porch monkey is yanking my chain. Thanks.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Hey did it go through those color changes? I have seen several lunar eclipses and did not notice a light show. I am trying to figger out if the porch monkey is yanking my chain. Thanks.

bigwheel
Hey bigwheel, as I mentioned earlier, we didn't get a chance to see this one due to all the rain we've been getting but I do remember as a kid seeing a full lunar eclipse just as your granddaughter mentioned. It was pretty creepy. Others I've seen since then haven't been like that one.

Kept my kids up for the eclipse. Watched a movie....made some popovers and dipped the in some maple syrup. (Sugar highs can work to your advantage if you time it right!).

It was a little cloudy in PHX....but I got a couple good pics. Haven't downloaded them yet....but they look pretty good from the cameras viewer. I used a 300mm telescopic lens too....and got some good close up shots!

In the past I've set my clock and gotten the kids up early in the morning for "celestial" events......usually good meteor showers. I'm glad this one was a little earlier! :D

Well sorry to have missed this particular eclipse. Suspect I find time to catch the next one in 2094 or whenever.

Poor guy. I knew there was no need for me to try and get up. I work till I'm worn in the tall tall corn then all she want's to do is make kids. I dont have a lot of time for eclipses and imminent impacts from comets etc.

bigwheel

Finally got sun today. Hurray for longer days. Nothing like comming home from work and still having 3+ hours of gilling daylight!!!! Oh and It's warm and dry!

Back
Top Bottom