Happy Memorial Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pisses me off that so many people view this holiday as a time for
parties and stuff...that's fine as long as everyone takes a little
time in the day to remember those who made it possible
for us to live this way.

Hey I'll be cooking out too, but why not get everyone together
and say a prayer or at least some words for our lost ones and
their families.

Captain Morgan said:
Pisses me off that so many people view this holiday as a time for
parties and stuff...that's fine as long as everyone takes a little
time in the day to remember those who made it possible
for us to live this way.

Hey I'll be cooking out too, but why not get everyone together
and say a prayer or at least some words for our lost ones and
their families.

Amen my father is the guest of honor here as he is a WW2 vet , he served in North Africa and Northen Italy . He is so well now he wants one of my Walter Burgers. LOL!!!

Yall gonna me cry. I agree totaly Ifin it wasen't for them BOYs & they were boys back then WTF. Would we have the same rites we got now?...
Every time I see em at a store I drop a load of cash in their baskit. then stand round & ask em to tell me how it was over there. Boy they love to talk bout them days at war. Frickin great facts & stories. I have made friend with most I talked to. They even asked my band to play for em at partys. They don't pay much but just being there made us all feel so good... 8)

Hey Daddy..double dittos to whut you said. I'm mighty thankful for and proud of all our veterans. That WW II branch is fading fast. If you know one betta try to get them to tell you how it was. Very interesting topics discussed. Same with the Korea Nam..Grenada..Iraq etc. Sure I missed a few but yall getting the pitcher surely:) Them stories on tape will be mighty valuable commodities in very few years. Maybe not valuable in money...but valuable in emotion..faith..patriotism etc. Just get the camcorder running on a tripod and go get in the segment. Give em a few beers and start axing them a few questions. It could win a Pulitzer Prize.

bigwheel

Daddy's KungfuBBQ said:
In our town every flag given to a local resident (vet) at their death is displayed in the cemetary. In a town of 300 there are over 100 flags flying. Quite a reminder.

Thanks to all who have served and are serving!

I am very fortunate in that my aunt, while she was in college ( 25-30 years ago) did a video interview with my Grandfather who was WW2 fighter pilot, my great uncle who was a WW2 POW and another great uncle who was also a POW. I have about five hours of Q&A footage from three brave men who lived it and it is amazing what they went thru.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom