Happy Birthday to me!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dmtky

Senior Cook
I got my 58th birthday coming up on this month and was trying to think of a good present for myself, and BANG!!!, a new WSM sounds like it might do the trick. Never owned one and was wanting some input for all you WSM gurus. Should I get me the 18 or just jump on the 22? It's all in your hands guys. Thanks for the input.

I would go with the 18" wsm unless you need another quantity cooker. I like my 18 better than the 22" but I love em' both! ;)

Happy Birthday!

Well happy future birthday to the young whuppersnapper. Mo bigga is mo betta. I go for the 22".

bigwheel

I love my wife's 18 WSM.
img_219965_0_78e0d45b86f047e3553c058776f18a06.jpg
Go look at them both and see what trips your trigger.
Have a happy!

Pigs

I'm guessing that Lang 84 is to big to fire up for smaller cooks? Man that Lang is something I would love to have. I certainly don't have the need for all its capacity but I would just keep it going cause it looks so cool!!

I have the 22" WSM and love it. Never have a problem with finding enough room and the extra size allows me to run it for 8 to 10 hours without having to refuel. We'll maybe not exactly true. I do on occasion through a few hunks of lump coal in through the door towards the end of a cook sometimes.

Happy Birthday to come Dmtky, I have you by one year. I have one of each, but if I could only have one it would be the 18". I got the 22", for my summer cottage to do larger cooks when my entire family is there, 18' is plenty good for most cooks.

well, thanks for all the input. Can't find anyone close to me that carries the WSM so will probably order online. Would like to see them both before I buy. If not, what the hell, might get one of each, lmao.

Click above on the Amazon link here on the BBCF and they usually give you free shipping and have the best price. Greg gets a HUGE commission if you click through on the BBCF :LOL:

I say go with the 22. You won't have to roll your ribs or use a rib rack to do multiple racks. Can fit 3 on the top rack no problem. Happy early birthday!

Back
Top Bottom