halibut

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Griff

Master Chef
My partner and I took some clients halibut fishing last weekend. Here's an iPhone pic of me and one day's catch. The big one weighed 136# and the one next to it 80#. The smaller ones range from 25# to 40#. good eats indeed.

Wow those are some nice ones. Course in Texas we use them sized type fish for bait. I caught one once upon a time who's body was so heavy it accidentally pulled his head off trying to lift him into the boat. The pic of the fish weighed 5 pounds.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Wow those are some nice ones. Course in Texas we use them sized type fish for bait. I caught one once upon a time who's body was so heavy it accidentally pulled his head off trying to lift him into the boat. The pic of the fish weighed 5 pounds.

bigwheel

Now that's freaking funny!
4.gif

Well from all the hidden palaver a person can only jump to the conclusion that Griff was the culprit who accidentally swallowed the toe in the world famous "Sour Toe Cocktail" from the Red Dawg Saloon. They bound to be unable to serve the drink anymore. Prob put them outta bizness etc. Or maybe they had additional preserved toes saved up for just such a disaster as this. Who knows?

bigwheel

Griff I hate you for having all of that great FRESH fish! BTW, I will walk if you send on piece of that fish. Well, I'll try....

bigwheel said:
Well from all the hidden palaver a person can only jump to the conclusion that Griff was the culprit who accidentally swallowed the toe in the world famous "Sour Toe Cocktail" from the Red Dawg Saloon. They bound to be unable to serve the drink anymore. Prob put them outta bizness etc. Or maybe they had additional preserved toes saved up for just such a disaster as this. Who knows?

bigwheel

I don't know what's more scary, Griff with the toe in his mouth, or you knowing about
the Sour Toe Cocktail.

Captain Morgan said:
bigwheel said:

bigwheel

I don't know what's more scary, Griff with the toe in his mouth, or you knowing about
the Sour Toe Cocktail.
Toe might have come from Texas. Didn't see a tag when Griff .....well..you know.
Dead toes are supposed to have tags on them.........right? :shock:

Visited your fine state a few years ago and fished out of Homer. Caught a bunch of those guys and had them packed and shipped home right at the dock. Very Cool!

Well anybody who happen to listen to Paul Harvey 3 times a days for several decades bound to be aware of numerous exotic factoids. He always tell the rest of the story. Now he spoke of the fella who swallowed the toe but did not mention Griff by name of course. Prob afeered of getting sued or something. Lawyers are prone to do that kinda stuff ya know? The bar shoulda had a safety net over the glass to prevent an impaired member of the bar from swallowing the toe etc. Lot of angles to work on this deal. Course a smart person would just pretend to swallow the toe whilst deftly sticking the offending digit in their pocket. That might work just as well.

bigwheel

[/quote]
the Sour Toe Cocktail.[/quote]

Back
Top Bottom