habaneros

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
brian j said:
my habanero plant is finally starting to crank out some peppers. what are people using them in? i'm thinking of making some sort peach hamanero jelly to use as a glaze but haven't found a recipe yet.

Too hot for this guy. The jelly may work though. I had a bunch of Cow Horns that are too hot. :oops:

brian j said:
my habanero plant is finally starting to crank out some peppers. what are people using them in? i'm thinking of making some sort peach hamanero jelly to use as a glaze but haven't found a recipe yet.

Whatever you do when you decide to use them, wear gloves!

Brian,

I got a few good Jerk Marinade and Paste recipes that calls for Habeneros if you'd like to give them a shot.

Tim

I used to grow em - Ended up throwing out more than I was using. Couldnt even give em away so I stopped puttin em in the garden.. Tomato's are easier to get rid of

KyBlueBBQ said:
I used to grow em - Ended up throwing out more than I was using. Couldnt even give em away so I stopped puttin em in the garden.. Tomato's are easier to get rid of
:LOL:

I grow habs and buy fresh ones during the year from grocery. Cut tops off, cut into quarters and scrape out seeds and webs. Place in a glass jar and fill with white vinegar. Store in frig. Use these as sides to lunch sammies and sides with dinner. Great eats.
Gloves are good. I dripped water onto my bare feet when cleaning up and had foot fire later.

Last time I was messing with the Hab powder..I spilled a bunch on my arm...I was waiting for the blisters to form

You cant go wrong using them in jellies or marinades.

We have a new Mango Habanero Finishing Sauce that is dynamite.

Dont be afraid to experiment. Who knows what you might like them in.

The reason I say that is we have a 12 year old customer that loves her Peach Habanero Jelly poured over Chocolate ice cream .... Go Figure.

Just thinking as I type, but for hab jelly you could saute onions, green bell peppers, bacon and then add to peach jelly, adding the sauteed stuff little at a time until it's right. A dash of a favorite sauce (woosh, hot pepper, rice vinegar) to get another layer of flavor. When it's right start adding pureed habs to get the desired heat.
Again, I just pulled that out of my butt......I would think that it would work. Let me know if you try it.

dude those things are too HOT for me.. What do you do to tame the heat? That's a DEATH pepper.. You have a good crop too... :D

Back
Top Bottom