Gumbo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well whut you fail to realize is dumb yankees from Ole Virginny aint got a clue about whut it take to make decent cajun food. So why dont you just shut the hell up for a change?

bigwheel

Larry Wolfe said:
Woodman said:
OK. How is it better made at home? I agree, you should try it once or twice to get the experience, but unless it is bringing something else to the party.......forget about making roux!

I NEVER SAID IT WAS BETTER!!! I simply said "making the roux is what makes the gumbo". Meaning it's the time, thought, practice, heart of taking the time to make a good properly made roux yourself versus just using a store bought product. So yeah I think it does bring something to the party!

Store bought cookie dough tastes good, but would you call them "homemade" cookies? Store bought pizza dough is good, but not like you mixed it and hand tossed it yourself. Get my point now?

I'm not trying to argue about this, just saying I get more personally out of taking the additional time and practice doing certain things, the hard way. Not that making a roux is hard....... If you like what you're using for your roux, fine. That's all that matters.

bigwheel said:
Well whut you fail to realize is dumb yankees from Ole Virginny aint got a clue about whut it take to make decent cajun food. So why dont you just shut the hell up for a change?

bigwheel

Larry Wolfe said:
Woodman said:
OK. How is it better made at home? I agree, you should try it once or twice to get the experience, but unless it is bringing something else to the party.......forget about making roux!

I NEVER SAID IT WAS BETTER!!! I simply said "making the roux is what makes the gumbo". Meaning it's the time, thought, practice, heart of taking the time to make a good properly made roux yourself versus just using a store bought product. So yeah I think it does bring something to the party!

Store bought cookie dough tastes good, but would you call them "homemade" cookies? Store bought pizza dough is good, but not like you mixed it and hand tossed it yourself. Get my point now?

I'm not trying to argue about this, just saying I get more personally out of taking the additional time and practice doing certain things, the hard way. Not that making a roux is hard....... If you like what you're using for your roux, fine. That's all that matters.

[smilie=nonono.gif] [smilie=nonono.gif] [smilie=nonono.gif] [smilie=nonono.gif] [smilie=nonono.gif] [smilie=nonono.gif] [smilie=nonono.gif] [smilie=nonono.gif] [smilie=nonono.gif] [smilie=nonono.gif] [smilie=nonono.gif] [smilie=nonono.gif]

Uhmmmm...hate to point this out to you Bigwheel but he's no yankee. Virginny was in the Confederacy. ;)

Uncle Bubba said:
[smilie=nonono.gif] [smilie=nonono.gif] [smilie=nonono.gif] [smilie=nonono.gif] [smilie=nonono.gif] [smilie=nonono.gif] [smilie=nonono.gif] [smilie=nonono.gif] [smilie=nonono.gif] [smilie=nonono.gif] [smilie=nonono.gif] [smilie=nonono.gif]

Uhmmmm...hate to point this out to you Bigwheel but he's no yankee. Virginny was in the Confederacy. ;)

No Bubba... you don't get it. He's not in Texas. :roll:

Yeppers..have to agree with Finney on this one. Generally anybody who aint from Texas qualifies as yankees. Now there is a few exceptions to the rule but not many. Only non-yankee from Virginny as far as I know was Robert E. Lee. Course everybody from Tennessee is considered a non-yankee thanks to Davvy Crockett. Arkies and Okies is a whole different set of persona non-gratias if you get my drift.wink wink. Okies if living proof injuns had sex with buffaloes ya know?

bigwheel

Finney said:
Uncle Bubba said:
Larry.

Everyone not from Texas is a Yankee to someone from Texas. :roll:

Finney said:
Uncle Bubba said:

No Bubba... you don't get it. He's not in Texas. :roll:

What do you expect from a Texican?

bigwheel said:

bigwheel

Okay, sorry to offend you sir. BigWheel I would like to take this time to publicly apologize for calling you out here on the board. I was wrong about you. You have really helped make this board what it is today. You offer help, give guidance, share recipes, the list goes on. You are truly an asset to this board and I was totally out of line with my comments. I hope you'll accept my apology. Thanks again for all your help, without your knowledge of "everything" I would be lost.

At this time I'd like to offer you a big nice frosty glass of SHUT THE F U C K UP JUICE!

[smilie=new_argue.gif] [smilie=rlp_smilie_312.gif] [smilie=new_argue.gif] [smilie=rlp_smilie_312.gif] [smilie=new_argue.gif] [smilie=rlp_smilie_312.gif] [smilie=rlp_smilie_312.gif] [smilie=new_argue.gif] [smilie=rlp_smilie_312.gif] [smilie=new_argue.gif] [smilie=rlp_smilie_312.gif] [smilie=new_argue.gif] [smilie=rlp_smilie_312.gif]

Back
Top Bottom