Guess Who's Been Coming to Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john a

Executive Chef
Our cat is an inside/outside critter with her own door. She’s a small one and only weighs about 10-11 pounds.

img_168313_0_32fff1da2805063af46d59128c1f6039.jpg

In the past couple of weeks either her appetite has increased tremendously or she’s been inviting friends in for lunch as occasionally her bowl has been as bare as Mother Hubbard’s cupboard. I borrowed a humane trap from a friend and set it between the door and food dish with food inside. Just as I thought, Rocky raccoon has been inviting himself to dinner at night.

img_168313_1_c2ebc17ac445063fe9f6be23e85a1de3.jpg

Don’t let this cute little fuzz ball fool you, look at the claws on it. If you've never heard a raccoon growl and carry on it sounds like a mad dog.

img_168313_2_38f3cd86f7e8ae18b35e15ab7afc4101.jpg

I’ll take Rocky for a long ride later and turn him loose.

You got either haul em more than 30 miles (they'll come back) or cook em

Don't corner one of them... :shock: I heard they make good pets if raised from babies. Only a starving Cajun would eat that.... ;)

I agree you should take him on a long drive...but you should put a bullet in that thing and bury it...otherwise he'll be baaaaaaaccckk!! :D

Inject, using Chris Lilly's recipe, take it up to 165, wrap it in foil and put it back on the pit for several more hours, and yeah, see about a manicure for that boy.

You're lucky it was a coon. A co-worker once had a skunk come into their basement through the dog door, and it sprayed the area thoroughly before it left. :shock:

The other night I heard the lid to my garbage container being lifted up and slamming back down.

I get to the side of the house and there's a raccoon inside popping his head up lifting the lid. I guess he didn't have enough strength to lift the lid and climb out.

He sure had the strength when he saw me coming. He was out of there and scooting along the top of the fence pretty darn fast.

I will answer the questiion of whether they make good pets..and the answer is no. They can be cute but tend to be highly destructive. The one we had for example..if he wanted in the house and a window was up he just claw through the screen and come on in. Then he normally jump up on the kitchen table and knock all the stuff off into the floor. He was best pals with the cocker spaniel. They was inseperable. I got a call one day from a neighbor who say..I just seen your dawg and coon walking down the road side by side. I think the neighbors finally killed it or something cuz it was ripping off their screens too.

bigwheel

I carried a 5 foot black snake out of our basement (celler) a couple of days ago. Heard a jar fall off the shelf and went down to investigate. He weren't none too happy with me, I just hope he stays in the barn.

Rag said:
If that were me, my wife would burn the damned barn to the ground. :LOL: :LOL:

funny thing... my wife ain't skeert of em... had a plumber down there about a year ago and HE saw one and almost freaked out... My wife used his pipe wrench and killed it while he stood back and watched.

Lot of the locals around here eat coon. I have had it a couple of times years ago and was not that bad. Guess you could have called it pulled coon.

Gary in VA said:
Rag said:
If that were me, my wife would burn the damned barn to the ground. :LOL: :LOL:

funny thing... my wife ain't skeert of em... had a plumber down there about a year ago and HE saw one and almost freaked out... My wife used his pipe wrench and killed it while he stood back and watched.[/quot

Well, if I put the snake in the barn, my wife would use the pipe wrench on me. :shock: :LOL: :LOL:

this your house?
<object width="450" height="370"><param name="movie" value="http://www.liveleak.com/e/6e8_1224973500"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.liveleak.com/e/6e8_1224973500" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="450" height="370"></embed></object>

Greg Rempe said:
I agree you should take him on a long drive...but you should put a bullet in that thing and bury it...otherwise he'll be baaaaaaaccckk!! :D

My neighbor said he was trappin em' and taking them to the resevoir about 5 miles away. After awhile he started to paint the ass end of them white to see if they were returning... Never saw the same one twice as far as he could tell.............The old people we bought the house from use to feed them and I've heard stories of more than 40 coons sittin in my back yard at one time being fed, (before we moved in). Ive only seen a handfull of them.

dollarbill said:
Greg Rempe said:

My neighbor said he was trappin em' and taking them to the resevoir about 5 miles away. After awhile he started to paint the ass end of them white to see if they were returning... Never saw the same one twice as far as he could tell.............The old people we bought the house from use to feed them and I've heard stories of more than 40 coons sittin in my back yard at one time being fed, (before we moved in). Ive only seen a handfull of them.

Sounds like Newark, NJ.

I had 6 of them rascels under my trailer at Port Allen. I was taking a pic of these two when I looked down and saw 4 looking at me from under my trailer!

img_168839_0_c5ce1c2d26ab88912be1c07e9832eb8f.jpg

I tried to talk the guard into shooting, uh, getting rid of them. But he deckined.

Back
Top Bottom