Grits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick Prochilo

Chef Extraordinaire
Okay, I just came back from a visit to North Carolina. Now I know most of you will have trouble beliving this, but this Yankee boy just had his first taste of grits! Stop laughing Finny! Now I have a question for all you guys who might eat this on a regular basis. Now don't get pissed at me, but what do you do to add flavor to this stuff? I had it with bacon, eggs and cheese. IMHO, it ruined the taste of the bacon, eggs and cheese. Do you guys do something to give this stuff some flavor? Or is it an aquired taste? Don't be blasting me because I'm a Yankee or such, just an honest answer please!

:lmao: :lcry: :lmao: :lcry: :lmao:

:eek: :eek:

Sorry..Just had to..... :!:

Burnt Food Dude said:
butter
butter
butter
butter
more butter
Yepper! And that's coming from a Yankee!! #-o

:!:

If you like it spicey, you can always add a little T (a drop or 2) or what ever tickles your fancy. Seriously, grits is some goooood eatin' ! !

Butter and salt! It is kinda aquired but if you can't see the wonderment in it initally, you probably won't like it really well!

The problem with you guys is that you dont understand grits. My mother, (anyone say anything about my mother and I will delet you)", says that in KY you eat grits as a breakfast food. Add some brown suger and butter and you have some awsome wake up food.

Bill The Grill Guy said:
The problem with you guys is that you dont understand grits. My mother, (anyone say anything about my mother and I will delet you)", says that in KY you eat grits as a breakfast food. Add some brown suger and butter and you have some awsome wake up food.
Well, there's your problem, Bill . . . KENTUCKY!! :grin: :grin: What does "delet" mean?? :eek:

If your making your own...use chicken broth, instead of water, and add cheese.

If you want to try something differnt to add flavor, add some shrimp or salmon. It might not sound good...but it is really a good combination.

I just can't understand you Yankee sorts. Anyone from the land of corn and swine who don't like grits just ain't right. [-X

Especially folks like Bryan, who come from areas where corn mush and swine are combined inta scrapple. :) Must admit tho, even some of the folks from that region admit "scrapple's ok if'n ya put 'nough maple syrup onit".

What mosta y'all yankees don't understand is that the grits we liken the most is our Girls Raised In The South who can make you like all the kinds of grits. :D

Since we've settled grits let's talk 'bout y'alls opinion of okra when I get back from Bryan's country later this week. :joy:

[-o< for me. I hate flyn'

Gotta go get drunk so i can face the prospect of a plane flight for a week of bidnez fun- where's that barfin' emoticon when you need it!

Well first off... If you can get "Stoned Ground Grits", do it. Don't buy instant grits unless you already like REAL grits. And as you all learned in "My Couson Vinny", REAL grits take at least 20 min to cook. Grits should be seasoned WHILE COOKING with butter and salt (pepper too as-far-as I'm concerned). I love mine with "Redeye Gravy" on them, but don't get to have them that way often. Cheese grits are another popular way to eat them.

"As everyone in the grit-eating world knows, it takes 20 minutes
for water to soak into a grit. Do you want us to believe the laws of physics cease to exist on your stove? Were these magic grits?
Did you buy them from the same guy in Jack and the Beanstalk?"
:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Great movie.

I don't like sweet grits at all. My favorite breakfast a plateful of grits, butter, salt and pepper, with 2 or 3 eggs over easy top. Bacon around the
edges. Open the eggs and let the yolks run out on the grits. Cover with
Tabasco, and eat. Have 2 or 3 pieces of buttered toast near by for sopping up the grits. Cured many a hangover.

Oh, stop...please stop...that'll get your day and system off to a rousing start.

Can't get grits up here, have to do the same thing (maybe a little salsa) with hash browns or fried potatoes. ummm, ummm.

Breakfast is my favorite meal, maybe cause I'm at work at 5:30 am
6 days a week, and never get it. You guys ever had the breakfast
casserolle make with grits? We make it every Christmas. Filling and
goooooood.

Captain Morgan said:
You can find the stoneground in most specialty stores here.
If you can get them.... it's the only way to go.

The restaurants here that grind their own... they end up a little courser than even the "store bought" stone ground. And they cook them until they are good and creamy. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Stop It!! Ya'll are making me hongry!! :) Damn, I miss good southern grits!!

The Joker said:
Stop It!! Ya'll are making me hongry!! :) Damn, I miss good southern grits!!

What no Waffle House in Grand Island? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom