Great Lakes Barbecue Association

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Kloset....does this sound familiar??? It should. About 3-4 years ago I put up a post on Basso's forum trying to do the same exact thing Bruce is trying to do. Within an hour or two it exploded into a huge thread with by laws, chapter, contests, affiliations, and a whole ton of great ideas that eventually got deleted(go figure). We even had a few meetings and met a few really good guys that I still hang with...except Woodman. Wanna know whatever happened to that group.....

North Coast BBQ Society [smilie=a_bravo.gif] [smilie=a_goodjobson.gif]

Bruce, I'm all for it. I will give you whatever help I can and will actively participate. I commend your efforts to this point. :thumbsup

Well don't forget to thank Michael Terry also, our newest member, he's the one who got the ball rolling, I'm only doing this to give myself something to do in my retirement. :LOL:

Thanks Kevin, appreciate the comments.

Dallas
KCBS has become a sanctioning body they do not organize competitions.
The groups like Bruce is forming do the work of teaching and organizing get togethers in their areas. If you look at the WBBQA, CBQA, NEBS and others they are more active in organizing competitions and classes using the resources KCBS has to futher the goal.

Will this change over time? More than likely it will.

Jim

Woodman said:
How will it differ from "The He Man's Woman Haters Society?" Hmmmm?

Not that you'd notice much.
4.gif

I was thinking the Possum Lodge would be an appropriate meeting place. (Any other Red Green fans?)

I think it's a very interesting idea, Bruce. It would be nice to have something like this in Indiana. I wouldn't want to start it because I don't have enough experience with bbq myself.

Back
Top Bottom