Goop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ

Master Chef
Goop
Got this recipe from a old timer a while back.
Start with a 1 gallon glass jar, add 3 cups brandy and a can of fruit (drained) add 1 cup sugar then stir.and let it sit for a week and make sure you stir every day.
The next week add another can of fruit (drained) 1 cup of sugar stir every day for a week.
Repeat this process till the jar is full, then let it sit for 2 months min.
Great on ice cream! :D
Pigs
Oh yea, you can use any fruit you like. I make mine with all kinds.

I thought it sounded like "Hunch Punch" from hearing people in high school talk about it or what Les calls "hooch".

That was real popular back in the late 60's early 70's. Us and several folks we knew kept a batch brewing. Seems like the warden called it Brandied Fruit. Very good stuff. Sometimes I just eat it with a spoon when she wasn't watching. Sure smells good too.

bigwheel

At a neighboring hunting camp the guys there nearly filled a jar with that 190 proof alcohol that State Store sell then added crushed frozen strawberries. I think they let it sit in the dark for 10 minutes. Actually it tasted pretty good.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Rag said:
At a neighboring hunting camp the guys there nearly filled a jar with that 190 proof alcohol that State Store sell then added crushed frozen strawberries. I think they let it sit in the dark for 10 minutes. Actually it tasted pretty good.
Sounds like Ever Clear. That stuff is evil! :twisted:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everclear_(alcohol)

And to think we were all armed. :shock:

This should get a OMG from some of the Navy folk. My brother had this recipe on a T-shirt he got in '88.

Mojo
From the Stoned Crow ... Olangapo City, Subic Bay PI
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Double MOJO

1 Pint Rum
1 Pint Cherry Brandy
1 Beer (San Miguel Of Course)
1 Coke
1 Orange
1 7-Up
1 Big Glass Pineapple Juice

Single MOJO

1/2 Pint Rum
1/2 Pint Cherry Brandy
1 Beer (San Miguel Of Course)
1 Coke
1 Organge
1 7 Up
1/2 Big Glass Pineapple Juice

Of course it must be noted that this fine drink can only be consumed in the sitting position, and you must warn them not to stand up to quickly, or the floor will find them very fast.

After a couple glasses....that's all you can say...."MOJO".

keep it simple

Scale ingredients to servings
1 gallon apple juice
1/2 gallon fresh apple cider
3 - 4 cinnamon sticks
1 liter Everclear® alcohol

Put the juice, cider, and cinnamon sticks into a pan and let simmer on the stove for about 2 hours (not boil). Turn off heat, pour in 1 liter or 2/3 liter Everclear (no taste of alcohol) to the batch and pour into punch cups. Very potent, tastes exactly like apple pie.

When the subs came in at Roosy Rds Naval Air Station in Puerto Rico we would get some of the torpedo guidance system cleaner (Everclear) and make purple jesus. Grape juice, seven-up, ginger ale, Everclear, fruit, and dry ice to make it bubble & boil. The girls loved it and we loved the girls. :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom