Good news on dad...so far.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Uncle Bubba

Executive Chef
My dad's bone scan revealed there has been no spreading of his prostate cancer to this point. He has a decision to make on treatment...either radiation or implanting of the radium seeds. Anyone have experience or opinions on either one of these?

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. Ya'll are the best!! [smilie=a_goodjobson.gif]

No advice here just words of encouragement.

My son Elijah just made it through testicular cancer. They removed 1st cancer, scanned in 4 months, saw more, field dressed him like a deer from sternum to pelvic bone and removed Lymph nodes in belly and 4 were bad, put him on 12 weeks of chemo, we shaved our heads together, he got skinny, he lost eyebrows, kept his smile and got through it.

3 Months later they said "Cancer Free" for whatever that is good for.

He's Alive and Well thanks to the Lord. I'll left yer Daddy up in prayer. Others just did for my Momma and she is healing.

Hang in there Uncle Bubba's Daddy!

No advice here Uncle Bubba. My Mom is going through chemo as we speak. She has her second treatment on Thursday so how about I just offer up some more prayers.

My Father in Law did a combo of the seeds and radiation. They caught it pretty early so the treatment seemed easy, as far as radiation goes.

Hope all goes well with your dad.

Prayers Up.

Diva Q said:
No advice here Uncle Bubba. My Mom is going through chemo as we speak. She has her second treatment on Thursday so how about I just offer up some more prayers.

Ya shaven yer head?

Hey, yer mom "needs the prayers and I need the practice" as my Grandaddy would say. Give her our love.

mike

Tell him to skip all them treatments and start eating only raw fruits veggies and nuts. Drink only steam distilled water. 16 oz of fresh carrot juice each day by fresh I mean real carrots run through a juicer. He can have one pig out day per week where he eats anything he wants. That pick him up some B vitamins if he eats meat on the pig out day. Just my dos centavos. Its how I plan to do it when I get it. Know it works.

bigwheel

Kevin,

My thoughts and prayers are with your Dad and your family. Tell your Dad to keep a positive attitude.

007bond-jb said:
My prayers are with too. How did he know he had a problem Keven

He had back surgery at the Cleveland Clinic in May and had post-operative trouble passing his urine which they attributed to a bladder infection. They sent him hom and he lasted 2 days before he couldn't pass anything and had to be taken to emergency for catheterization.(twice to make a long story short) They decided to do some bloodwork and his PSA was slightly elevated so they did a biopsy. Came back malignant and that's where we are except the bone scan came back negative.

Thanks all for the thoughts and prayers. [smilie=a_goodjobson.gif]

We'll keep your dad in our prayers Kevin! Cancer has torn my family apart, attacking both of my parents. My mother lost her battle but my father is still fighting. Cancer sucks!

Back
Top Bottom