Good deal on thermometer...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
Sounds like you get what you pay for...for $7.99, its probably worth it as a disposable unit. Im happy with my Maverick ET-73. Im on my second one (my own fault) and when I melt this one, Ill probably buy another..

Craw, its a bargain for a remote therm. However, even at that price, I ain't buying it. I know the Maverick is expensive, but it's a dual probe
therm that lets you monitor both meat and pit temps. If you throw
20 pounds of meat on a pit and it burns because you didn't realize the
pit was too hot, you've paid for the Maverick. I trust the Mavericks
range and accuracy much more too.

Ditto on what's already been said. Fork out the extra $42 and get the Maverick! I have two and am getting ready to get another, just to have another!

I had one of those. The wife found it at some over stock store. Didnt even last through one cook. Spend the money on something with quality.

Larry Wolfe said:
Ditto on what's already been said. Fork out the extra $42 and get the Maverick! I have two and am getting ready to get another, just to have another!

Larry can buy things he doesn't need. He works for the government.

Captain Morgan said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":39gtxpil]Ditto on what's already been said. Fork out the extra $42 and get the Maverick! I have two and am getting ready to get another, just to have another!

Larry can buy things he doesn't need. He works for the government.[/quote:39gtxpil]
That's what he does for the goverment. :LOL:

That thermometer is the same one that Weber, Radio Shack, Oregon Scientific, and others sale. It has presets for different meats and doneness. An okay grilling thermometer, not a good BBQ thermometer.

I wa given one of those last Christmas. I keep it around in case i have the racks full, but now with 2 mavericks it sits in the box. so maybe get it and a maverick at 7.99 you'll have a 2nd probe for food..or a replacement probe if you need it

I got one of those as a gift. It was a weber. The reading maxes at 199*. It lives in a drawer and I use the ET-73.

Griff

Well I own one of them goofy remote things or two..but I aint impressed. The intsaread Wally World five buck gauge with the big numbers for old blind folks to see plainly is much mo simple to operate and dont lie..or get out of tune..or range..or intercept conflicting outputs from other nuts who is using the same type gizmo in close proximity..require batteries etc. It also is good to see whether the meat passes the poke test..which is a real valid 2nd test which most injuneer type cooks forget about. Whut am I missing here?

bigwheel

CRAW said:
This is a good deal right?

THERMOMETER

I might have to get one since I don't have one yet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom