Gonna Christen LuLu Tomorrow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Greg Rempe said:
Later as in like 10am :eek:
3.gif
5.gif

Greg had I remembered earlier I drank my last cold beer last night, I would already be drinking now! Gotta load the cooler up and put it next to LuLu!

Greg Rempe said:
SWEET...how does it smell at your hood right now!??
6.gif

The aroma of sweet smoke is abundant in the neighborhood. Already had a neighbor come over!

Captain Morgan said:
That's it...I'll be there in 7 hours. I'll bring more beer.

You got my number Jim, come on up! I'll be putting the brisket and chuck's on in about an hour and a half!

Just added the brisket and the chucks. I'm doing the brisket fatside down for the first time, the chucks will baste the brisket. The butts are cooking very fast for some reason, they never plateaued and they are up to 175 already.

Looks great, now don't get drunk and screw everything up like you did last weekend!

By the way, I'm on I-95, be there in about 4 hours.

Hey ya Larry, looks great. You may want to try cooking that brisket next time, with the fat up. That way the juices run down through the meat. I have done it with the fat down and did not get as moist meat. IMHO.

Captain Morgan said:
Looks great, now don't get drunk and screw everything up like you did last weekend!

Larry, it looks great and I urge you to disregard the Cap'n's advise. A new pit is the perfect reason to celebrate with a few extra adult beverages.

Griff

Okay, it's the end of a long day! LuLu did good and I learned alot. The pulled pork came out great, the shredded chucked was awesome, but she really let me down with the brisket. But to her defense, it was the first time I've done one fat side down and will be the last. It was tough and dry. Everything else turned out great, much better than I expected for my first cook on Lil' LuLu.

LuLu's first pulled pork

Shredded chuck roast

LuLu's first brisket

Greg Rempe said:
Lots O' food, Larry! Who's all eating??

Greg, if I don't take it to work it's going in food saver bags. It was kind of a test cook. There's plenty come on over!

Larry, looks great! I spent all morning splitting about 30 , 12-15" apple logs that I have been seasoning all year. It was a BITCH!!!! Apple has a twisted grain and it gets real hard (like my dog!) Went to my brother in laws and he cooked some beer can chickens. I did about 5 lbs of Yellow Perch (deep fried with a corn meal/ flour breading) I caught last summer. Man, that perch was special! Keep us up to the minute on the cook. Looks like you are doing everything right! Woodman

Greg Rempe said:
The brisket doesn't look dry or tough... :)

Everything else turned out great, so may I was just expecting the brisket to be better. I'm gonna do it my normal fat side up next time and see. I always buy packers and separate myself, so that could have made a difference. I put the chucks ove the brisket to baste, it may not have been enough fat. This flat was overly trimmed of fat, I had bought some pork fat back to slice up and put over it but I didn't, maybe that would have helped. I'm gonna make some sauce and heat up the pulled pork to sit around a watch football all day. BTW, the chuck was out of this world, if you've never done it, I'd suggest you do. Overall it was a good first cook on LuLu. Her and I will learn and get better with each cook from here on out!

Stayed home from work today, and I'm enjoying a nice PP sammich courtesy of LuLu!!! Mighty good!!!

Back
Top Bottom