GMail Invitations - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > Corporate Administration > General (Non-BBQ) Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 02-20-2005, 01:54 PM   #1

GMail Invitations

This went on for a bit on TVWB... I have 50 invites for anyone that's interested. GMail, for those that are uninformed , is currently a beta email service that stores up to 1 gigabyte of email. Yahoo had to increase their capacity from 5 or 6 meg to 250 meg to be competitive. If anyone's interested, PM or EMail me with your current email addy and I'll get an invite off to you.
Old 02-20-2005, 01:57 PM   #2

well, I'm uninformed..I want to do this..why?

Old 02-20-2005, 02:07 PM   #3

Well, it's an "online" email service that allows someone to check, send and receive email from any computer in the world. You just log on using your gmail address and password and off you go. Many people use online services like Yahoo, Hotmail, etc. because of the flexibility and if a Spambot gets their email address, they just trash it and start a new one. Not so easy with your email service through your Internet Service Provider.
Old 02-20-2005, 05:10 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshively
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niagara River Smoker
Well, it's an "online" email service that allows someone to check, send and receive email from any computer in the world. You just log on using your gmail address and password and off you go. Many people use online services like Yahoo, Hotmail, etc. because of the flexibility and if a Spambot gets their email address, they just trash it and start a new one. Not so easy with your email service through your Internet Service Provider.
The spam filter they are using is suppose to be near perfect also. I have yet to get 1 spam to my address unlike my other accounts.
Didn't know that ~ Thanks! Maybe, I can be a little more careless now......Naw!!
Old 02-20-2005, 05:39 PM   #5
BBQ Central Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niagara River Smoker
Well, it's an "online" email service that allows someone to check, send and receive email from any computer in the world...
when it is connected to the internet. Just thought I'd clarify that a bit though it's intrinsically stated by "online' descriptor.

About the SPAM, I have been using my Gmail for over 6 months now and I've had less than 10 in total. I was getting well over 100/day with my old ISP account. I'd say it's working great.
Shawn White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 05:49 PM   #6

[quote=Shawn White]
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Niagara River Smoker":1ox4n4zf
Well, it's an "online" email service that allows someone to check, send and receive email from any computer in the world...
when it is connected to the internet. Just thought I'd clarify that a bit though it's intrinsically stated by "online' descriptor.[/quote:1ox4n4zf]
Isn't EVERY computer connected?? Well, at least every computer that's reading this thread is! Good point, Shawn.
Old 02-21-2005, 08:14 PM   #7

On it's way Glenn.
Old 03-01-2005, 11:12 PM   #8

:bump: