Glad to have the site back...I was going into withdrawal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
First let me thank Greg for the site. Second, as things got out of hand, let me apologize to anyone I may have offended (I don't think I did, but just in case). All my posts were meant in jest, and I assumed everyone thought the same. If that's not the case, rest assured I have no ill feelings to anyone who has posted here.

Second, the changes are probably the right thing to do. I just got yelled at by a police officer for getting into a lane that was blocked off for a marathon here in town. I told him I thought you were supposed to get in the lane to turn right, but I was wrong. While the officer didn't write me the $300 dollar ticket (which he mentioned 3 times), he displayed an attitude that almost made me park and tell him to write me the ticket so I could give him a piece of my mind. His attitude suggested this would have led to a weekend in jail. So I left. But it left a very sour taste in my mouth, and the same thing may have happened here. For this reason, I hope we can resume a free and open exchange of information,
with plenty of humor, but in a manner that folks won't take offense to.

In the case of the officer, I was in the wrong, and understand that. I didn't like the way he dealt with it. I hope everyone here will do what I did...drive on in the proper lane.

Thanks for your response Capt.

Glad the site is back up and we'll see how it goes from here. We WILL have an open exchange here in the GD forum, but there will not be the same freedom of language in its profanity form. I hope no one sees this as an attak on their free speech but if you can't say it without using ##@!@ kind of marks, it's best not to say it! No one likes to be personally atacked and I don't want to have that either!

I want to grow this site and have it be friendly to everyone, but a source for BBQ first and foremost. If people can't get with that then I don't need them here anyway!

You're my hero Greg.

That reminds me, have to fill the snowblower up with gas, 4-8" tomorrow.
Somehow it just doesn't sound the same.

Well, i gotta say Im not really sure what happened here, but I saw people leave and come back, and Im guessing some people got offended..all of which seemed to go over my head (as stuff often does)...but Ill say that Im glad we're back here. This is one of the few (out of many) BBQ forums Ive been in where everyones welcome. I dont hesitate to ask a question here or worry about getting slamed. You guys have a good thing started here..I hope it lasts..I like being on the "ground floor" of smething wth the potential of being big.

As MLK said years ago..cant we all get along ?

*standard disclaimer*
"As MLK said years ago..cant we all get along ?"
That was an attempt at a light hearted jab. I. actually, dont have a serious bone in my body, unless its 3 in the am and the temp in my smoker is dropping below 200......

Woodman, great to have you back. How was Chicago? Windy? :-D Get enough Mexican food? We missed you boy!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom