Give me the score please....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
LSU_vs_UL_web.jpg

Greg Rempe said:
Who are those teams?

Are you completely out of touch? This should enlighten you:

"The Cajun Debate team blasts through the Baylor Tournament, moves into Top 25.

The UL debate team arrived back in town after a long drive from Waco, Texas. Baylor University’s Debate Tournament was UL’s last regional tournament before beginning preparation for the national championship tournament."

and...

LSU finished first in the debate sweepstakes but as host of the two tournaments, LSU does not accept sweepstakes awards.

“Our team did great in the debate competition.” said Chas Womelsdorf, assistant director and coach of LSU Speech and Debate. “We also took 21 of the top three places in the 22 individual events and finished first in nine of those events in the two tournaments. I’m very proud of how hard the team prepared and how well they did.”

Obviously, this is a contest to see who can use the expression "I garontee" the most times in a two-minute television interview. LSU will start with a penalty because their coach used the phrase "did great".

The rest of the country, by contrast, will be playing football this weekend. :mrgreen:

Larry D. said:
[quote="Greg Rempe":11ql8tej]Who are those teams?

Are you completely out of touch? This should enlighten you:

"The Cajun Debate team blasts through the Baylor Tournament, moves into Top 25.

The UL debate team arrived back in town after a long drive from Waco, Texas. Baylor University’s Debate Tournament was UL’s last regional tournament before beginning preparation for the national championship tournament."

and...

LSU finished first in the debate sweepstakes but as host of the two tournaments, LSU does not accept sweepstakes awards.

“Our team did great in the debate competition.” said Chas Womelsdorf, assistant director and coach of LSU Speech and Debate. “We also took 21 of the top three places in the 22 individual events and finished first in nine of those events in the two tournaments. I’m very proud of how hard the team prepared and how well they did.”

Obviously, this is a contest to see who can use the expression "I garontee" the most times in a two-minute television interview. LSU will start with a penalty because their coach used the phrase "did great".

The rest of the country, by contrast, will be playing football this weekend. :mrgreen:[/quote:11ql8tej]

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: 8)

Wow! Who would'a thought two little schools like that would have such outstanding debate teams?
Thanks for the update!
dj

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom