Give me the dirt on the weekend...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
Delivering a catering job today. BBQ, baked beans, green beans, cole slaw and potato salad for 100.

Taking 3 butts down to the beach for the week tomorrow. Getting together with Cappy on Thursday for BBQ and hopefully some of his ribs.

Picked up a cater for Sat. then it's off to the wittdog's on Sun. for his test run for Oinktoberfest. Bet I won't be able to move that night, there is much food on the menu that day. =P~

as much as I want to cook something low and slow, I think it will just be a reheat and recover from 2 weeks overseas

Going to a breakfast with my home team. The UofL Cardinals. There is an open practice and tailgating in the afternoon. I love college football! :D

cflatt said:
jshively said:
cflatt said:
as much as I want to cook something low and slow, I think it will just be a reheat and recover from 2 weeks overseas

When you been?

Australia and New Zealand....its winter there
At least you got a break from the heat! :( I'd love the opportunity to visit that part of the world !!

The Joker said:
cflatt said:
jshively said:
cflatt said:

When you been?

Australia and New Zealand....its winter there
At least you got a break from the heat! :( I'd love the opportunity to visit that part of the world !!
I want to be able to see it again someday...and not be working :grin:

Visiting my wife's grandma in South Eastern Ohio...borderline W.VA. Back Sunday afternoon so maybe some chicken or steak for Sunday dinner.

Throwin on a brisket tonight. Working saturday till 2pm, coming home prep 2 butts for a cook tomorrow night. Sunday throw on a couple racks of ribs, try my hand at a new bbq sauce. Invite old friends over for the eats before she has her baby and they are condemed at home for about 4-6 months!

Griff said:
I'm visiting my Mom and not so well Dad in central Illinois. Jezzz, it's hot down here in America.

Griff
:grin: Hey your'e going to be right in the neighborhood, stop by for a cold one :!:

Nothing really! We talked about trying out the smoker Les found but he got hurt at work this week......stepped in a register vent and fell, bruised up his leg and hurt his elbow. We decided he needs to rest up a bit.

Got 2 shoulders on the smoker as we speak! Ribs go on tomorrow and all goes to the association annual beach party! Should be a good time, we're having a rib cook off. I'll post pics sometime on Sunday!

Saturday the City is sponsoring their annual vintage car show downtown, all the streets are blocked off and approximately 300 old restored cars will be parked along the two main crossroads.

The bars will be open and I'm sure there will be need for refreshment.

Then doing steaks on the kettle for dinner tomorrow night and baby back ribs on the WSM on Sunday, my first practice rib cook for Oinktoberfest. Three racks and trying three different rubs.

I think I'm going to "hate" rib practice. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Saturday the City is sponsoring their annual vintage car show downtown, all the streets are blocked off and approximately 300 old restored cars will be parked along the two main crossroads.

The bars will be open and I'm sure there will be need for refreshment.

Then doing steaks on the kettle for dinner tomorrow night and baby back ribs on the WSM on Sunday, my first practice rib cook for Oinktoberfest. Three racks and trying three different rubs.

I think I'm going to "hate" rib practice. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Up at 3:30 with 8 butts on for a job tomorrow. I can't get into the park (Pioneer WAterland) until 9:00. They want Butts so I have to cook them today. Also doing sausages, beans, slaw, chicken, salmon. Cooking every weekend but one (09/08) until the week after Oinktoberfest!

Up at 3:30 with 8 butts on for a job tomorrow. I can't get into the park (Pioneer WAterland) until 9:00. They want Butts so I have to cook them today. Also doing sausages, beans, slaw, chicken, salmon. Cooking every weekend but one (09/08) until the week after Oinktoberfest!

I screwed up last night. I'm cooking three cases of pork butts, two for the guy who screen prints my tee shirts, (for free) and the other case for my butcher who sells me my meat for his cost. Around 10PM I lit a chimney to start me fire then fell asleep till 3AM. I was hoping to get the meat on by midnight but it went on around four. Looks like it's going to be a long day.

I came close to doing that one time, my butt shot three feet in the air out of the recliner when I woke up, it was only a half hour that had passed, five hours? Now that's a power nap. :eek:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom