Gill crates and heat plate below grates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

govermentcheese

Assistant Cook
Hello to all I recently purchased some high heat bbq paint and painted my grill crates and heat tunnells below. I have a brinkman grill 810-2200 . After reading the can it said to not paint the grill crates and heating tunnels . I feel really stupid. I wish the can on the label in big letters would have said this. Anyway I have not heated the paint on . Has anyone you know done this stupid move. How can I fix this problem . Buying new grill crates and heating plates would cost about 130.00 dollars . For that kind of $ i can purchase a new grill. This grill is 9 years old but I have taken reall y good care of it and stored it in my garage. I was thinking about soaking what I painted in paint stripper and then try to remove as much paint as possible. Not sure if this is safe to then cook on.. Any advice greatly apperciated.. Thanks Chuck.

here is this parts list and cost of parts .

BRINKMANN 810-2200-0 Gas Grill Parts

grill crates

Thanks for your answer. This is high heat paint and it will burn off the paint.. I quess I have nothing to loose. I have not heated the grill crate and heating tunnels umderneath because I thought it might make the paint off even harder. .. Again thanks.:rolleyes:

Hmmm..not sure about the parts mentioned..but yes fire can cure most any health hazzards. If you have high temp paint..use it only on the parts which dont get hot. There ya go. Hope I aint agreeing with the real nice breasted boy yet again. Sure some might like to check out the South End of that critter.

Grill crates

Ok I will try this . I am using a propane brinkman grill. And the areas I painted are where you place the food and starting grill and running it at its hotest tempature it will burn off the paint.I also seen somthing on the internet using crissco grease to coat the crates to cure them . After I burn off the paint do you think it would help the crates to do this.. Thanks for allthe help so far.

How to Cure a Barbecue Grill | eHow

Sure that should work. Paint and food do not play well together. I dont normally go to any pains to cure the grates. Best thing I have found is do the cooking and leave everything on the inside as gunked up as possible. When ready for ACT II burn off the crud with an available heat source and give them/it a vigorous wire brushing. Be careful there cuz sometimes the .99 cent brushes can imbed wires on the grates and can get hung in a persons tonsils. I use a short napped one from WW which looks to be made out of brass. So far it dont seem to have stuck any foreign bodies on the inward parts. Now after that procedure and how I do on the big pit is cool them down and squirt with Pam or its generic equivalent. Dont normally mess with that step on the gasser or the electric model. Next rattle out of the box just repeat the process. The gunk is very cheap rust proofing..or so the story goes..lol. Kindly keeps us posted on your adventures. Thanks.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom